ISO builder recommendations for bed & bath addition

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by CY, Jun 24, 2020.

1. CY

CY Beach Comber

Need recommendations:
    We’re looking for someone to build a bedroom and bathroom addition to an already existing house. There is some remodeling that needs to be done in the existing home as well.

2. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Do you already have drawings/engineering?

3. CY

CY Beach Comber

Yes, about 90% completed on CAD drawings, but the engineering is a week or so from being done.

4. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Good, I apologize I don't have any recommendations for contractors as the ones I know focus on new construction. Just make sure they actually have a license, plenty of "handymen" masquerading around here as actual contractors.

5. Tyler T

Tyler T Beach Lover

True that. Make sure to get a contractor with a license, proper permits, and referrals.

There are some recommendations on this forum but it would be nice to get some updated ones with people who are active now and able to take on work.

6. CY

CY Beach Comber

We’ve had trouble locating someone to do the addition. Several friends and acquaintances have said the same thing. People either don’t show up, dont know what they’re doing, or don’t find the work large enough to accept. I’m interested to see if anyone comes up with a recommendation.