• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Maybe you should. I have called code enforcement on many occasions and the response has almost always been fruitful. The area across the street from where I live was clear cut without permission. Due to code enforcement, it was finally re-planted, and while certainly not the same as it was, is now presentable. I understand, though I can't confirm it, that over $60,000 in fines were leveled against the owners but a settlement was made for about 1% of that amount. That certainly isn't code enforcement's fault, if it is true. We have a financial shortage in the county and this kind of thing transpires? Like an earlier poster said, give them support county officials and let them do their job.

Glad it worked for you, but that is not my experience. I have no respect for them due to their lack of skills,effectiveness and timely respone.

Got a problem call Sheriff Mike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
They have been more helpful everytime.
called them at 1:20 last night, arrived at 1:26 - problem solved.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
They do crime well. Code enforcement is not their job. Still say you better make friends with code if you have code problems. :cool:

Was a code problem, code took the day off and the so solved it in about 4 minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
They do crime well. Code enforcement is not their job. Still say you better make friends with code if you have code problems. :cool:

Was a code problem, code took the day off and the so solved it in about 4 minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device

You had a code enforcement problem at 1:20 am? What was it?

Looks like Here4Good and I have the same question, IG. And, I agree with what idlewind has to say about you perhaps abusing the SO. I can't imagine that you would call the SO on the 4th of July with all the people in town, many people who have been out drinking all day and take the SO away from protecting the safety of citizens for a code infraction...unless, of course, the infraction had your life/home in danger. I do not understand if CE was going to work weekends, that this day, of all days, would be a day off. :dunno:

Methinks IG is a part of the good old boy and interested girl club. ;-)

northender

Beach Comber
Feb 28, 2008
it looks like to me that IG is personally atacking the Code guys even though she didn't call them by name. I thought that was a no no on this site. :nono1:

MaryAnne

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2005
You know the expression, It Takes A Village? Well, my family will be in SoWal for 2 weeks starting Wednesday.

I promise to be a good steward of the area and beaches of South Walton. I promise to Leave No Trace that I was even on the beach. I promise I will pick up all items I brought to the beach with me (us). I promise to check the surrounding area and return it to its natural state.

Ok, that could probably be worded more technically. Can anyone add to this? Maybe we need a "Promise Code" for visitors so they will understand that all visitors need to be responsible for keeping their area of beach clean.
Could we work on the wording of this "Code" and make it a stickie on SoWal.com?

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
The International message for protecting and respecting pristine places has been around for awhile:

"Take only photographs; leave only footprints"

thank you for caring about our beautiful beaches, enjoy your vacation, and come back soon!