Let me introduce myself!

Discussion in 'Say Hello to SoWal!' started by melaniebarrett1, Jan 3, 2012.

1. melaniebarrett1

melaniebarrett1 Beach Crab

Although a Florida native, I moved to the Emerald Coast 19 years ago, after living in south Alabama for 10 years. I am a UGA grad, with a degree in journalism/photojournalism. After a stint at two television stations as a reporter--WMBB in Panama City and WTVY in Dothan--and then a few years as the southeast Alabama bureau reporter/photographer for the Montgomery Advertiser, I returned to my love of photography.
    I capture family lifestyles through my photography business--www.melaniebarrettphotography.com. This year I am adding video production to my portfolio, bringing the tv/video experience from my past to offer wedding cinematography! And to keep my hands in writing, I also blog.
    I originally moved to Destin, then moved to Fort Walton Beach in 2004 after marrying my husband, Craig, who owns NBI Commercial Properties in downtown Fort Walton, and Lifestyle Properties residential real estate in Destin. Craig is a fourth generation native to the area. The old Barrett store at Peach Creek belongs to his cousins.
    We built our home in Santa Rosa Beach and moved in last April. We love our animals--dogs, cats, bunny and birds--and you may find us walking, jogging or biking on 30A with Marley!
    Oh...and if you hear her barking...she isn't mean. She just gets SO excited going to the beach because she sees the other doggies and the seagulls! marley 2.jpg

2. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Hi Melanie! Welcome to SoWal! Let us hear from you! :wave:

3. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Hi, Melanie! I welcomed you on another thread, so welcome again. UGA journalism has a great reputation -- well played, Melanie.

Our daughter is also a photographer. She graduated from college in 2010 and now owns a photography business in Atlanta. She got a national following after being chosen as a blogger for eHarmony, so she shoots weddings all over the US. She also does interior design and fashion shoots, plus writes articles for magazines. She has great writing skills (made such a high score on the SAT Verbal that she exempted English I and II at MIT).

So maybe if one of you needs a second shooter, you can work together. Just PM me.

4. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member