• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
...maybe Pinocchio?

And you have no problem with a country store operator in Gaskin, Fl raising over $ 85,000 in his last campaign. Check his campaign finance report. That will buy alot of puppet string.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
And you have no problem with a country store operator in Gaskin, Fl raising over $ 85,000 in his last campaign. Check his campaign finance report.
Posted via Mobile Device

He was the candidate...no?

I'm familiar with a candidate stepping into the ring and then going out and soliciting money for their own campaign. What I find odd is a group of residents pooling their cash and going out "advertising" and "interviewing" for a candidate to run on their behalf. What if the candidate takes the money, gets elected and then goes against what he/she promised the group? Do you all get together and sue?...just askin'

Last edited:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008

I'm familiar with a candidate stepping into the ring and then going out and soliciting money for their own campaign. What I find odd is a group of residents pooling their cash and going out "advertising" and "interviewing" for a candidate to run on their behalf. What if the candidate takes the money, gets elected and then goes against what he/she promised the group? Do you all get together and sue?...just askin'

Nothing different from the two disfunctional political parties in Walton County. Both are actively "advertising" and recruiting candidates to run and both have offered "campaign help" and "campaign funding"

We just feel that in both cases we will get more of the same.

You pay your money and take your chances.

Last edited:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
This comment sparked a question I was wondering about. Does anyone know if the Walton County Property Owners association still exists and is active? I haven't heard anything about them in a while and they used to be very active on private property rights issues. This is different from the WC Taxpayers Association. Sorry for the tangent...

Some of those same players have been on the fringes of other campaigns. But with the change in electioneering laws in this State, I imagine you will see a lot of really strange things coming up this election cycle. It would appear that elections are going to be the furthest thing from transparency we have seen in a very long time.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

I wish I could get my money back. The Governor seems to have no problem raising it anyway.

Last edited: