• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ticklersgirl

Beach Comber
Jun 22, 2009
close to the beach
I figure it is the $70K+ in pay and benefits for a part time job. But then accountability is always an issue for some.

What is this $70K you keep rambling about? I've seen you quote this number in numerous posts....

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
What is this $70K you keep rambling about? I've seen you quote this number in numerous posts....
The approximate amount a Walton County Commissioner draws when salary, benefits, travel expenses and whatever else they might legally obtain, is all added together.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
So the theme of the upcoming commission election is going to be "Pimp Your Candidate"

*shaking head in disgust*

Here's a willing subject:

hooker-will-work-for-food.jpg

Shelly is "pimping" what we call it when we support a candidate finacially. Aren't we supporting a candidate who at least has some of the same views as we do. I don't really think what IG and friends are doing is anything more than what I have done when I have supported candidates. I guess the only difference is she is fishing for a contender. IG, obviously we may seldom agree on much, but if you find a candidate I can support, I will surely assist in placing and picking up signs.

ticklersgirl

Beach Comber
Jun 22, 2009
close to the beach
The approximate amount a Walton County Commissioner draws when salary, benefits, travel expenses and whatever else they might legally obtain, is all added together.

ok, thanks!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I believe that last time we had a candidate backed by a willing group of contributors we got Scott Brannon.

Vote for Interested Girl, she brings a fresh perspective to the table everyday since she can't remember the last.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
I believe that last time we had a candidate backed by a willing group of contributors we got Scott Brannon.

Vote for Interested Girl, she brings a fresh perspective to the table everyday since she can't remember the last.

I believe that the last candidate back by a willing group of contributors was in the 2008 election. Alan Osborne was backed by the residents of Driftwood Estates. Check the addresses on his campaign reports. He did not win.

If I am correct you supported him.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I believe that the last candidate back by a willing group of contributors was in the 2008 election. Alan Osborne was backed by the residents of Driftwood Estates. Check the addresses on his campaign reports. He did not win.

If I am correct you supported him.

Oh the horror of a candidate backed by constituents. IIRC Mr. Brannon's backers weren't constituents and were in it for massive kickbacks.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I don't really think what IG and friends are doing is anything more than what I have done when I have supported candidates. I guess the only difference is she is fishing for a contender.

...I see a big difference in supporting a candidate and "fishing" for a candidate. One is already willing, able and running based on his/her own values--the other is putting their values up for sale.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
...I see a big difference in supporting a candidate and "fishing" for a candidate. One is already willing, able and running based on his/her own values--the other is putting their values up for sale.

Many people "think" about running and one of the most troubling things they worry about is raising the dollars necessary to run a sucessful campaign against an incumbent.

Please note that we said the were were looking for a person "interested" or "thinking" about running. We will vet and find the true reason for the interest before selecting someone if anyone.

Hopefully we will find the right person, running for the right reasons, not tied to the good ole boys that we can help.

Nothing sinister in our motives. We are looking for a meaningful "Change".

Last edited: