• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Your welcome, some folks will tell you you don't need one do the work and then the county shows up and fines you. You could ask when you get it which company receives the most clearing permits.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Your welcome, some folks will tell you you don't need one do the work and then the county shows up and fines you. You could ask when you get it which company receives the most clearing permits.
So true. Some friends, through honest ignorance, had their newly purchased bay front lot cleared sans permit and soon found themselves confronted by an angry Walton County.
They were fined and required to replant trees.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Please do not get rid of all the local plants and trees on your lot. Respect our beautiful beach landscape. Replant with local plants and live in harmony with nature.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
So true. Some friends, through honest ignorance, had their newly purchased bay front lot cleared sans permit and soon found themselves confronted by an angry Walton County.
They were fined and required to replant trees.
Most people have no clue there is at least a 50 foot buffer required for every waterfront lot in SoWal - you can't cut or landscape within 50 feet. Yet almost every waterfront lot I see these days are cleared right to the water. Even worse often they plant grass and fertilize a bunch and the runoff is pollution.

Faith Powers

Beach Comber
May 6, 2020
Connecticut
So far, the county has been very informative and of course would not give us their opinion as it’s not really ethical.

Faith Powers

Beach Comber
May 6, 2020
Connecticut
Please do not get rid of all the local plants and trees on your lot. Respect our beautiful beach landscape. Replant with local plants and live in harmony with nature.
The beautiful landscape is the reason we love it here. I have a lot to learn about plants down here. So different from what I’m used to.