• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
No, I love Cafe Provence. They have very authentic french food, it is fabulous, and the staff is wonderful. That is so sad:sosad:

I regret not going more. I am sad to lose it too.

But, I am glad that the Petits will be doing their thing there. It can't help but be goooood in every way!

Last edited:

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Cafe Provence was a winner. Where else could you get authentic French food in this area? He opened a restaurant better than the area deserved. I never quite agreed with his menus, because I thought it limited his clientele, but the food was incredible. I drove by there too many times to see an empty parking lot, and thought what a shame. I wish the new restaurant the best and look forward to stopping by.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Cafe Provence was a winner. Where else could you get authentic French food in this area? He opened a restaurant better than the area deserved. I never quite agreed with his menus, because I thought it limited his clientele, but the food was incredible. I drove by there too many times to see an empty parking lot, and thought what a shame. I wish the new restaurant the best and look forward to stopping by.

Bistro Bijoux and Restaurant Paradis

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
My emphasis on authentic French cuisine was intentional. I have eaten at both restaurants above, and while the food at each was excellent, I would not consider it to be authentic French cuisine. Thank you Kurt for your suggestions.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The owner/chef of Cafe Provence was a Michelin Star rated chef. We only ate there once, but the food was out of this world.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I ate brunch there (before it moved to the new location) and it was amazing!

Circumstances just didn't have me eat there again.

Is the new Petit place going to be food or bar/dancing or both?