• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

LTR in Sandestin

New posts
Could we just let this go? I'm not the thought police but all this person wants to do is rent there property.
Yes they are opening themselves up for insults by making statements like" has to be a Christian", but who are we to shake a finger? I'm gay as the day is long and then some, but I don't take offense,.... I don't care! To me it's not meant to be insulting. Its a preference, their choice to rent to who they chose, one of the few rights we still have as Americans.

Now should you base how you chose your tenants on religion, race, gender etc etc etc in writing? No you should not, but once again who are we to shake our finger at them? Let the powers that be take care of that.

I guess in closing if I had property to rent I would be selective to who I would rent to also, perhaps I would not base my decision on the same merits as the above renter but there'd be some determining factors that probably would not be allowed by law. Its called freedom to choose with discretion. I'm sure for you legal eagles out there I'm wrong but my point is I ain't gonia get caught!!
Let them do what they wanna do.

Love you to death honey and you know that. However the original intent was to point out that it could be illegal to do this. Personally I think it's rediculous that someone who is a self described Christian would do this as it goes against their actual beliefs, but that's just me. Hopefully rental history isn't included in the big book at the Pearly Gates.
 
An argument can be made that SWGB was just helping the renter avoid legal issues. I on the other hand was just trying to stir up some trouble. Could we let it go? Sure. Should we? Probably. Will we? What would Jesus do?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top