Mail Order Mattress

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by John R, Jun 30, 2020.

1. John R

John R needs to get out more

Friends, it's time to finish sleeping on a water mattress and move to a traditional one. I've seen all the advertisements but would like some info from people that are actually using them. Can you let me know your thoughts? Include pros/cons and pricing please.

2. Dawn

Dawn Beach Fanatic

Hard to beat Stearns & Foster or Sealy. Find a local company that will deliver and swap out at no charge if you need firmer or softer.

3. SeaFern

SeaFern Beach Lover

I have a Q Tuft & Needle mattress, free shipping, came in a box, rolled up, right to my door. Tuft & Needle: Honest Bed Products that Reinvent Sleep Tuft & Needle was one of the first of these mail order type brands. Once plastic wrap was off enlarged itself...pretty cool! The firmness is about a 7. I've had it for about 5 years and no sinking in the middle. Never had to flip it or rotate. For the price ($650) I would never go back to a conventional mattress again! I purchased a second one (twin) a year later for a daybed. I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars for ease of shopping, guarantee of quality and for maintaining firmness! They have gone up a bit in price and offer 2 other premium options, which I would be curious to test as I can't imagine something more comfortable than my original.

4. bob bob

bob bob Beach Fanatic

I could give you a recommendation but no mail order mattress I know of comes with a mail order bride. :D

5. Will B

Will B Moderator

Sleep Number beds are technically mail order. We love ours.

6. Will B

Will B Moderator

Purple mattresses are good, too

7. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

I'll never give up my purple mattress. I highly recommend the pillows that go with it.

8. justhavinfun

justhavinfun Beach Fanatic

Go also take a look at Tuft and Needle..I have one in our guest room and family members seem to like it a lot

9. happy2Bme

happy2Bme Beach Fanatic

If I’m spending real money on a quality bed, I’m going to lay on 20 different ones before shelling out anything. Mail order anything is not for me...I’m tactile that way!

I ended up with a firm Beautyrest Pressure-Smart pillowtop mattress...it is a dream.