• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
They usually dont even have THAT for an excuse. They blame it on demand but you would think that if they have been warning about a freeze for days that they would figure out to up the supply.:roll:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
When mediacom internet goes down, down this include their wireless? We just got wireless at our cottages from mediacom and since I'm not there much, I really don't know how dependable it is. It would be helpful for me to know if it's working most of the time!

SandSquatter

Beach Comber
Dec 20, 2007
Wouldn't it be grayt if Cox came over here? I'm sick and tired of MediaCrap. Just got a new 50" plasma and can't even enjoy it because of the terrible signal. So far haven't had any problems with the high speed. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
When mediacom internet goes down, down this include their wireless? We just got wireless at our cottages from mediacom and since I'm not there much, I really don't know how dependable it is. It would be helpful for me to know if it's working most of the time!
If it is coming into the house by cable and then goes wireless through a router ...yes it goes down. But my TV cable has been working ,just not the internet.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My mom and I were talking about the same topic the other day. It seems that many companies spend money on advertising for products we are "stuck" with, such as cable and power. Then, there are the companies that spend money on commercials, saying about all the donations which they make. "Always" feminine products for example have been promoting that they are padding ladies in other parts of the world, thanks to their customers. There was also that kiddy computer product which was recently released, where the customer bought one and the company donated another to a person in need.
What about the drug companies? They routinely give away meds to people in low income levels, and in the way of samples. Beware when the drug pusher tells you its free. You will soon learn that you cannot live without it, or at least you will think you cannot, and as long as your insurance company is picking up the tab, pop away. Personally, I rather have the products at half price, and be able to give freely to people in need.

I'm sure that in the cases of the companies giving products away, they are getting big tax savings, so it is best for the company and they look good, but it is only due to the consumer, who is really giving the money. IMO, the consumer should be getting the tax benefit.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
If it is coming into the house by cable and then goes wireless through a router ...yes it goes down. But my TV cable has been working ,just not the internet.

Same here at my house jodFL.
Paula... the Mediacom outages are aggravating, but I still think it's potentially the best service available. I've got friends who get much worse service with the various other provider options. On par, I've generally been happy with the service.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I've always wondered how much lower the rates could be if everyone paid the same. That is, if they stopped doing their bulk rate deals for condos and rental agencies. It irritates me no end that as a working full time resident I pay full price but million dollar plus condos bought for speculation get a cut rate through these bulk rate contracts.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I've always wondered how much lower the rates could be if everyone paid the same. That is, if they stopped doing their bulk rate deals for condos and rental agencies. It irritates me no end that as a working full time resident I pay full price but million dollar plus condos bought for speculation get a cut rate through these bulk rate contracts.
Yea and the deals that they give new customers. They pay an average of $30 a month less than me and I have been paying them (Mediacrap) since day one. Have they ever lowered MY bill?? H311 NO!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
MediaCON (mediacom) also offers better prices to non-customers than existing, loyal customers who pay their bills on time. They could give a rat's @ss that it costs on average $400-$600 to get a new customer, and they don't understand that more options are becoming available to consumers, and that when MediaCON raises rates on existing customers by 50%, they will lose some of those customers for whom they paid dearly to win over. I have two words for MediaCON, but I won't repeat them on here.