• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
I miss it too DL. We used to come down and camp for a week on the west bank of Deer Lake on a bluff back in the early 60's when it was St. Joe property. Every year, the itinerary included a night at the "bright lights"... which for the 11-12 year old kid that I was included the Miracle Strip Amusement Park and Goofy Golf. When we came back home in 1997, I was so glad to be able to take our kids to the Miracle Strip. So sorry it closed in the name of "progress." It was still great fun to visit, even in the latter years.

:love: Goofy Golf !

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
...the beach, shopping, and dining pretty much now sums up what many of today's kids will envision as the good ole days of summer.

I swear that if I ever hit the several-hundred-million powerball, I'd buy out one of these ghost condos, implode it, and build a 50's style amusement park (consisting simply of cheezy, brightly painted rides; heart-stopping-artery-clogging food; games to win stuffed animals; hokey carnival music; and lots (LOTS!) of colored lights at nightime.) My number one choice for the condo I'd implode would be the craptastic Emerald Grande. You're all invited to attend.

You have inspired me to start buying lottery tickets in your name.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
...the beach, shopping, and dining pretty much now sums up what many of today's kids will envision as the good ole days of summer.

I swear that if I ever hit the several-hundred-million powerball, I'd buy out one of these ghost condos, implode it, and build a 50's style amusement park (consisting simply of cheezy, brightly painted rides; heart-stopping-artery-clogging food; games to win stuffed animals; hokey carnival music; and lots (LOTS!) of colored lights at nightime.) My number one choice for the condo I'd implode would be the craptastic Emerald Grande. You're all invited to attend.

and will you have lots and lots of balloons???? ;-)

Lake Eastern

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Walton County
I'm with all of you in missing Miracle Strip. Every time I see Buddy Wilkes I bemoan his decision. It also provided lots of jobs for the teenagers. What fun to spend all day at Shipwreck and then go across the street for the bright lights. (Kurt, is this enough?)

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Oh oh oh

Thank you thank you for acknowledging Miracle Strip and Goofy Golf!!! My memories!!! The Spider (on a cable) hole; the fish you walked through; the breeze on a dark night illuminated so brightly - what else, what else??

The Miracle Strip: the WALK through haunted house with room of a dozen doors and only one way out; the unsettling swinging hallway with blasts of air from below. And the cars you actually "drove" on the "highway" despite the ridge in the middle that I ignored once I knew it was there!!! The bumper cars, log ride and the Abominable (sp?) Snowman finally, where it was so cold.

Does anyone remember more? I would love to remember!!!! Thank you,

unabashedly sentimental on this topic.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Thank you thank you for acknowledging Miracle Strip and Goofy Golf!!! My memories!!! The Spider (on a cable) hole; the fish you walked through; the breeze on a dark night illuminated so brightly - what else, what else??

The Miracle Strip: the WALK through haunted house with room of a dozen doors and only one way out; the unsettling swinging hallway with blasts of air from below. And the cars you actually "drove" on the "highway" despite the ridge in the middle that I ignored once I knew it was there!!! The bumper cars, log ride and the Abominable (sp?) Snowman finally, where it was so cold.

Does anyone remember more? I would love to remember!!!! Thank you,

unabashedly sentimental on this topic.

What about the Scrabler Ride that was in an enclosed building lit with black lights..so scarry and Bumper Cars A good way to take out your aggression. I just read on an Alabama chatroom, that a place named the Hangout, is open in Gulf Shores...I thought that name should belong to PC