• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
kurt said:
The power shovel seen on the top of the bluff was removing the brown dirt from behind the seawall this afternoon. I don't know anymore than that.

I wonder what those end-loaders in the back of the photo are doing? Are they scraping? :dunno:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
This is really a shame. While I feel for people who have to do something fast to save their homes, there is a larger and longer-term concern for the beaches. This County Commissioner knows better and has a blatant conflict of interest in these matters. I suppose someone will have to contact the District Attorney's office, eventually. We had similar problems with clear cutting of trees and mass grading of our hillsides for hillside vineyard development. Finally, the County had to adopt a policy of offenders going straight from handwritten County employees' notes onto the D.A.'s desk and they had to nail a couple of repeat offenders with civil actions and the stiffest fines that could be imposed. Napa County also nailed contractors who were aiding and abetting these situations, big fines and no work in this County for up to five years. Finally, the situation hit home. But the soft shoe does not work when someone might have to spend some money and when it is apparent that the County will do nothing to stop them.

We accept that having a house so near the Gulf carries a certan increased level of responsibility and fiscal commitment. Otherwise, we'd have a lake house in Wisconsin. Hello???

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
RiverOtter said:
We need the Dune Patrol Back
1616ar-thumb.gif
jb-boat3.jpg

scarlet8

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2005
North Mississippi
I hope that they will improve on this. I was down there a few weeks ago, the beach was very pretty, until Rita came thru. We stayed at Walton Dune Homes and could not have asked for a better beach. I hope that it survived Rita, it was almost gone when we left ,but I know that this was mostly storm surge. Would Love to see a picture. Thanks to all of you guys and gals down there, remember,you live in paradise

toebiter

Beach Crab
Oct 7, 2005
Hi there!

I am new to this forum. I noticed the horrible brown sand in the pictures. How do you know it is a county commissioner doing that?

It is sad to see our beaches in such disrepair.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Is the act of shooting spitballs at a County Commissioner at a County Commissioner's Meeting considered an assault, legally speaking?