• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
You might want to make plans to leave the area in October if you dont like the noise. Thunder Beach in the fall is alot bigger. Thats the one when most of those bikers that have homes on 30A come down because it it close to all the homeowner weekends/meetings.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I live a mile off 98 and i can hear them. The sound echos off the buildings, so when they get to a place like Watercolor with buildings on both sides, it has to be extremely loud, and even I (a person who owns,rides) would get annoyed at that happening 24/7. On the other hand, those bikers are spending their money and boosting the local economy and that's a good thing.

As far as "what not to wear" and butt crack, exposed belly flab, and floppy boobs in bikini tops: I'd bet Kate's seen all that at the outlet mall and at the beach. I'm sure it's no shock to her young mind. :lol:

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Before anyone gets the wrong idea that I don't like the people who are on the bikes let me say that some of my closest friends and family back in LA are bikers. I love them dearly. We've had this discussion before. My gripe is taking a machine that was built to noise compliance standards and then modified and then combined with hundreds of others to drive through neighborhoods. 30A is a beautiful scenic route and I wouldn't want to deny anyone the pleasure of riding through and seeing the sites, stopping along the way to their destination for a pizza in Seaside or whatever. BUT at the same time, there are folks who rent on 30A or live on 30A who want to enjoy piece and quiet. While the bikers are only here a couple of weekends a year, there are some who vacation here only ONCE a year and they want to sit back and relax in their units without a constant bombardment of noise. You just really can't get away from it if you are right on 30A.

Perhaps keeping the route out on 98 away from the neighborhoods might be a solution. IDK the answer...

Gidget
Biker-Smiley-Blank.gif

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
There is no "route" for Thunder Beach and as long as they have insurance and are street legal they can ride any road they want to.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Again, they are kinda like the dogflies: they only happen a coupla times a year. No, actually, they are like Mardi Gras, they happen only a coupla times a year. No wait, they are like Christmas and New Years, they happen a coupla times a year...dang, what is the proper metaphor...:blink:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
How dare these people go on vacation and have fun.

No, seriously, this is why I love living in PW. We lived one street off of the beach in Pensacola Beach, and it always felt like we lived in the "Summer Vacation" movie, where John Candy and his family rented the beach house next to the walkover and people walked by all day long staring into their windows.

It's great to live in a resort area, but it IS a resort area. People are on vacation, and a lot of the normal rules just don't apply. If you don't want to party all the time, it gets a little old. I'm sure the permanent residents of any resort town feel the same way.

Nice and quiet up here in PW most of the time, unless we have escaped convicts on the loose or brush fires or whatnot.

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
And I would be careful about calling the cops on them..I know several W.C. deputies and lawyers and such that are right there in the middle of them.