• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't think there are too few signs, I think they are too few people who READ and OBEY the signs!

All places where the path "crosses" a driveway should be smooth asphalt or concrete, not the many varieties of uneven pavers. Would also be nice if the businesses whose gravel drives/parking areas are constantly pushing gravel onto the path made a concerted effort to keep the path clean.

My bike has a bell so folks can hear me when I am approaching/wanting to pass. I grew up on a multiuse path and the protocol was 2 dings to let people know you're passing. Hard to hear voices over ipods, traffic, etc, but my little fischer price bell works great!

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
:D 2 dings=PASSING :clap: I didn't grow up by any bike path so thanks for sharing this. ;-) Wonder what's one ringy dingy? :D :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
It's not a rule that 2 dings means passing, more common sense - just 1 ding they hear it and have no idea what it was, 3 or more they think it's an ice cream truck or some kid being a pest (or a scooterbug who is far too easily entertained.)

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Whatever floats your boat and clears the path! I'll stick to my 2 dings (actually more like BRRRRRRRRRing, BRRRRRRRing)! :funn:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
With so many people rocking out on their iPods, I wouldn't assume that any number of ring, rings would get people to move.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
They'll hear MY bell! Great for making oblivious folks jump! If they don't hear, that's what the thick tires and brakes are for - just go around on the road/grass or wait for an opening.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Thanks for posting. I do not mean to disrespect anyone's work. Signs are a sign of progress. I love our bike path.

Maybe I am already worried about all the political signs getting ready to appear everywhere again. :sosad:

A few years ago I noticed the signs between Grayton and Seaside, and thought they were very practical and informative. But I'm a rule follower. I need boundaries.

The kids around here have funn with the political signs. They swipe them all and put them in one person's yard. (They've been known to do that with real estate signs, too.) Nevertheless, I hate 'em, too.

:D 2 dings=PASSING :clap: I didn't grow up by any bike path so thanks for sharing this. ;-) Wonder what's one ringy dingy? :D :dunno:

If I had a bell, I'd end up falling off the bike. I'm not that coordinated.

With so many people rocking out on their iPods, I wouldn't assume that any number of ring, rings would get people to move.

An airhorn, on the other hand...:scratch: