This is my first post so I apologize if I put this in the wrong section. My husband and I have vacationed in Seagrove Beach nearly every year for over 22 years now. We've always rented a gulf front condo in the past. Now that our girls are 16 1/2 our family has different vacation needs. This year we thought we'd try staying in one of the communities that have sprung up over the last few years. We were thinking that doing so would offer our girls more opportunities to go out and about without us right there by their side. We all enjoy leisurely strolls, biking, canoeing, etc. It would be nice if there would be evening activities (shopping, Ice cream, etc) that the girls could go and do without us. A pool, community or private, is a must. The only community we've ever really investigated was Seaside, because it was so nearby, but there is just something about that place we don't care for. Can't really explain it. We've always rented from Garrett Realty in the past and they don't seem to offer many community properties. Being gulf front isn't a priority anymore although a short walk to the beach is preferred. Just good, plain old relaxation is what we're looking for. Those of you familiar with the communities around - could you point us in the right direction? Name some communities? We've always loved the Grayton State Recreation Area because it seems so remote but we haven't been down in 3 years and aren't sure what may have changed. We used to visit every year and are really looking forward to this trip as everything changes so quickly in the area and it feels like FOREVER since we've visited. We are familiar with the locations of Watercolor, Seaside, and I think it's called Rosemary Beach (if that's the area with all the mission style architecture). So I guess my big question is which communities are best and how do I go about booking a stay in one?