• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Santa Rosa Commercial is 12,000 sf with 50 parking spaces approved by Walton County Technical Review Committee (TRC).

Developer must pay $53,974 because their project doesn't meet traffic concurrency.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
I am not familiar with planning or concurrency. I assume this means the project will generate more traffic than allowed for the zoning? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is this a good idea for a small "town" that has issues with traffic and overdevelopment?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I am not familiar with planning or concurrency. I assume this means the project will generate more traffic than allowed for the zoning? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is this a good idea for a small "town" that has issues with traffic and overdevelopment?

To be honest it doesn't really matter. If the comp plan and development code allow it then the county can't arbitrarily deny it.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
To be honest it doesn't really matter. If the comp plan and development code allow it then the county can't arbitrarily deny it.
I was referring to the policy itself. Seems like a bribe built in to the system. Pay us and do what you want.