• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
John G: Are there not more than one commissioner? Singling out one is painting with a broad stroke, no?

But only one is on the ballot this election. Are you blaming 26% tax increases on the other two Board Members? Are you saying Bob Hudson voted against double-digit tax increases in each of the past two years?

Sorry, John G., but he voted for both tax increases. When you are an incumbent, you run on your record. Whether you like it or not.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
John G: Are there not more than one commissioner? Singling out one is painting with a broad stroke, no?

But only one is on the ballot this election. Are you blaming 26% tax increases on the other two Board Members? Are you saying Bob Hudson voted against double-digit tax increases in each of the past two years?

Sorry, John G., but he voted for both tax increases. When you are an incumbent, you run on your record. Whether you like it or not.

Usually you are so sensible with your posts but this time not so much. Have you noticed the cost of everythingg in the past two years? It has increased. Not only that, but a 26% increase in millage for mosquito control is probably infintesimal when put into something everyone can understand. How much did it increase our taxes in a dollar amount? I just love it when some have a personal issue and go after incumbents without any real facts or reason. Bob Hudson does a great job at everything he attempts. We should keep those we know perform well instead of replacing them with unknown rookies.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Would you prefer he just promise to drastically, and magically, cut taxes? Perhaps even do it until we're all sucked dry by mosquitoes?

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Andy A. -- In real numbers, the budget increased from approximately $1.6 million in 2013 to over $2.0 million for the budget year that just started. I find it odd that you cite inflation as Bob Hudson has admitted on this thread that taxes were raised, but did not cite normal inflation or even increased operational costs as the reason for this dramatic increase. As far as going after incumbents: Incumbents represent the status quo and they are running on their own actions. Critique of an incumbent necessarily represents dissatisfaction with the way things are being run. It's as American as Yankee Doodle.

Local: I would prefer that Bob Hudson not pee on my leg and tell me it is raining. Bob Hudson in this thread has attempted to blame the 26% tax hike on a rain event in April, 2014, but can't explain how this past Spring's rain caused a 10% tax hike last year.

Before the dramatic tax hike, mosquito tax rates were cut and reserves were depleted. Due to this poor management, the Mosquito District was caught with their pants down, unprepared for exigent circumstances. These whipsaw financials necessarily indicate a poorly managed board. If things are being run poorly by incumbents, the ones responsible should give way to new Board Members.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Or, better yet, challengers with a excellent track record in the position they seek, who are not politicians but who are trustworthy, have proven fiscal responsibility and give straight answers to questions...need I go on?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Believe its faulk with the history...
Several DUIs, cannabis and affray.
All in Okaloosa.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Ad hominen arguments are always a sign of weak logic. In fact, attacking a man instead of his arguments is called a fallacy of logic. Stay classy, John G.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Local: I would prefer that Bob Hudson not pee on my leg and tell me it is raining. Bob Hudson in this thread has attempted to blame the 26% tax hike on a rain event in April, 2014, but can't explain how this past Spring's rain caused a 10% tax hike last year.

Before the dramatic tax hike, mosquito tax rates were cut and reserves were depleted. Due to this poor management, the Mosquito District was caught with their pants down, unprepared for exigent circumstances. These whipsaw financials necessarily indicate a poorly managed board. If things are being run poorly by incumbents, the ones responsible should give way to new Board Members.

It's raining and you prefer Mr. Hudson to pee on your leg. That's your personal business.

I thought he was fairly clear about why the taxes went up. Perhaps you should read the part about avoiding interest expenses or are you a proponent of kicking the can down the road?

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Sorry, Local, it's a Southern saying that means someone is not telling the truth. Perhaps I should have said "I would prefer he not spit in my face and tell me it's raining."