• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sorry, Local, it's a Southern saying that means someone is not telling the truth. Perhaps I should have said "I would prefer he not spit in my face and tell me it's raining."

Thanks, born and raised southerner here, I'm familiar with the expression.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Believe its faulk with the history...
Several DUIs, cannabis and affray.
All in Okaloosa.

Oh these:

faulk1.jpgfaulk2.jpg

There's a third mugshot, but it shows as unavailable.

How does one get 3 DUI's in 8 years and still have a drivers license?

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Have you heard the one about the criminal investigation of Bob Hudson hiding behind his wife's skirt by using her email address to impersonate a county official. And this was not a youthful indiscretion 10 years ago by a veteran returning from combat in the Persian Gulf, either.

Lemme get that report and post it for ya. Glass houses, Bob.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
A campaign flier was saying the reason for the increase was that the commissioners had included themselves in the retirement fund. It also claimed that their salary was $4,800 which makes me wonder why so much money i sbeing spent to win the office.

Any truth to either claim?

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Have you heard the one about the criminal investigation of Bob Hudson hiding behind his wife's skirt by using her email address to impersonate a county official. And this was not a youthful indiscretion 10 years ago by a veteran returning from combat in the Persian Gulf, either. Lemme get that report and post it for ya. Glass houses, Bob.
Post it ! It was in every newspaper that serves this area. We all do things we would not repeat more than once, but that was investigated by both the Walton County Sheriffs office and the States Attorneys office - both found no law was broken. It was not the smartest thing I've ever done but please make sure to post the whole report for all to see. I don't hide from things I've done nor behind anyone's skirt.

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
This should clear this rumor up !

Date: October 27, 2014 at 3:58:26 PM CDT
Subject: Press Release: Walton County Code Enforcement Removes Political Signs in Error, Replaces Immediately

Walton County Code Enforcement Removes Political Signs in Error, Replaces Immediately

Over the weekend, the Walton County Code Enforcement Department erroneously removed a number of political signs that were placed throughout the south end of the County. The signs involved were in regard to South Walton Mosquito Board candidate Jim Crawford.

Due to a miscommunication within the Code Enforcement Department, the signs were removed late in the afternoon on Saturday, October 25th. Once the error was recognized, the Code Enforcement Department replaced the signs early Monday morning, October 27th.

The error that occurred within the Code Enforcement Department was not the product of any complaint or function of any other candidate.

We apologize for the error and will continue to work diligently to provide the best code enforcement functions to the benefit of the County and its residents.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Mr. Hudson:

I'm glad we can agree that all of us have made mistakes in our past. Can we further agree that Mr. Faulk's indiscretions occurred years ago? Let's stop the fussing about signs and youthful indiscretions and return to discussing policy.

I won't post the report unless the thread continues in this personal vein. Let's elevate ourselves above this pettiness. Isn't that what poll after poll of Americans say they want.

With that said, I was waiting last night for your promised response about the benefits provided for Mosquito Control Board Members. Let's engage in a policy debate about them.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Sorry I spent last night trying to get to the bottom of "Sign-Gate" and dispel unfounded rumors.

Let's have a three way debate - get Mr. Faulk and Mr Crawford to post here - under their real names and I will gladly respond to all questions you or any other person posts.

Let's talk issues not rumors.

I did not post anything in regards to Mr. Faulks past. I do not know who John G is but his post was his. Was I aware of those incidents ? Yes I was made aware of those charges in 2000 and 2008 and have no knowledge about a third. I have been aware of this since 2004.

I have an issue with statements made without background data to verify. Numbers are a love of mine, i am good at them and anyone that provides data that is factually wrong is of concern to me.

I was asked a question about the increase in the budget and felt my response clarified what the major item was that caused me to vote to raise in the authorized budget was not necessary to include all of those items that contributed.

We also budget about 60,900 to replace two vehicles that have in excess of 160,000 mile and repair costs are escalating. Another contributing item was the damage done to culverts and ditches as a result of what you call a "rain event".

I guess that is one way of looking at it but it rained a LOT flooded many homes and washed out streets, bridges and even a house. All of those affected people would not describe that as a "rain event".

Let's agree to call it what it was "A flood".

I'm the candidate asking people to vote for me and I truly try to respond with accurate factual verifiable data.

I am working on some additional data to share, some I must retrieve from the SWCMCD office tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned.

Do you agree that we did not deplete the reserves below the three month recommended level ?

If so let's strike that one from your list. If not I will provide the info in another way.

Last edited: