• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Had dinner there last night for the first time and everyone had a great meal. I had my doubts going in but this was really good.

Plus, I got to see the Cards win the world series in the bar area after dinner while the band was rocking and a certain Kitty was dancing on the chairs:funn:

STL Don,

Kudos to your Cards!!! They did the NL proud. Enjoy.:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: Oh and another thing....watch for Kitty's dancing on chairs!!!

Wetwilly

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't know a thing about the former OFFH manager, but the new one, I know personally, and he is sure to do a great job. He is the type of person who is interested in hearing feedback.

STL Don, we know you really went to the OFFH to see the hot bartenders and watch Ms Kitty boogie. :rotfl:

cottagecotton

Beach Crab
Jan 2, 2007
GAINESVILLE GA
We had dinner last night at the Old Florida Fish House and I cant begin to tell you what a bad experience it was.:pissed: . I am posting this in the hopes that the manager of this restaurant will see this and take it as constructive criticism as this area truly needs a good restaurant. To give you some background, we were in your area for a week for the holidays. We had 5 young adults with us under 21 who had requested to eat at those tourist trap restaurants on the beach , Pompano Joes and the Crab Trap. They were into the atmosphere certainly not the food. So I was very excited to get a night in a real restaurant , quality food, more upscale atmosphere, somewhere i didnt stick to the chairs :lol: . When we first got to the restaurant it made a great first impression, the lobby area was very nice and had a great feel. We loved the wall of water, the bar area was attractive as was the sushi bar area. But then we were led to our table , way back in the corner and of all things a plasma tv right above our table, I dont know about you other women out there but if there is a tv in the room my husband and sons are going to watch it !@!! To give credit to management they did offer to move us to another table but it still had a tv right across the room and they were totally out of table linens so he said that he could not put a cloth on the table for us , so we stayed where we were. Well the evening went down hill from there. I really dont know how to complain about our waiter, he was a really sweet young man and i feel that he did the best that he could but he was soooooo bad . I truly think it must have been his first night ever waiting on tables. He seemed truly scared to death !!! I really felt sorry for him. He just didnt have a clue. As to the food , this was the most disappointing thing of the whole evening, as i said before I had eaten at Pompano Joes and The Crab trap the past two nights. I was so excited about getting some really good seafood. I ordered the seafood platter, i asked for grouper and shrimp. When the waiter brought out my plate and put it in front of me it had french fries two pieces of grouper, each the size of a deck of cards and one piece of shrimp. Yes, I said one piece of shrimp. I looked at him and couldnt help myself, I said, you have got to be kidding me ??? One shrimp ??? He gave me this really odd look, like I dont understand ?? What is wrong with one shrimp?? This seafood platter was 28.00. I told him I just didnt want it . He said ok and took it away . He came back 5 minutes later with the same plate and said that the kitchen was cooking me more and he would bring out more to me . I took the plate from him, tried the fries and at this point they were ice cold as was the fish. About 5 minutes later he brought me out one more piece of fish. At this point I was disgusted and just told him to keep it all and remove it from our bill. Along with this my son had ordered broiled lobster tails and they were brought out fried. It was 20 minutes before he received the correct ones. they were brought out to him on a plate with no fries or hushpuppies to be seen. just two lobster tails on a plate. I can understand how orders can be confused and things are wrong but I just cant get past one shrimp on a seafood platter. Our meal was over 200.00 and I left with no dinner. It was a disappointing experience. Hopefully management can get its act together !!!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
We went about 10 days ago. I will stick to my earlier statement-sit at the sushi bar and enjoy. They have consistently good sushi and consistently iffy menu fare in our experience.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Cottage Cotton...We were there last night as well. The excuse was "We're all hungover and short staffed". The food was good, but the service was horrific.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sorry to hear such a bad story like that one, CottageCotton. I am sure that Opey Russ, the Gen Mgr for OFFH, would appreciate any honest comments such as yours. They will help to make the restaurant better. I am fairly certain that Opey doesn't read this message board, but you could try emailing him. The story as you describe, needs to be addressed with the manager. If it happend as you state, that is unacceptable.

I have never eaten anything there except for the sushi, which I eat often. I just returned home from a WaCo night at OFFH. The sushi was good as was the service. Please note that if you order sushi, the wait is fairly long, 45min - 1 hour, if the place is busy like on Tuesday nights. The good news is that my server offers to place phone-in orders before I arrive so that the wait is not so long. :D She is good like that.

Last edited:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
This is one of those places I want sooo badly to be better - there are some things I love there, but we don't go anymore because the food is so hit or miss. It's a lovely place (mostly thanks to the woman who owned the Mexican restaurant and remodeled it from Bayou Annie's) and we always get good service because we always ask for the same server, but the specials are just so so and fried shrimp, my hallmark of a seafood restaurant, are not as good as Longhorn!

Maybe it's bad karma for this owner from the dirty deal that gone done on that lady from Dallas who ran Luna del Mar......