• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
First, not so busy (at least on our end of Seaside - where we rent). Nicest people everywhere. Seagrove, east of Seaside, is one new 4 story home after another. Ate at the Bay before our rental was ready. Busy with fewer people. 2:00, took 45 minutes to get our 2 grilled sandwiches. Not a complaint. It's like that everywhere. No food to go. True many places. Restaurants have to choose between dine in or carryout. Can't do both. Water was wonderful to look at and step in. Yellow/purple flags so a few too many frequent waves but no undertow.

Spent money at Modica, 45 Central, Central Square Records and the bookstore, Bud & Alleys, Watercolor Wine bar, Publix. Our older daughter drove to Watercolor (twice) and Publix (once). We parked and didn't leave until we were ready to leave.

It's so nice to be remembered by locals. One part time security guard, who just retuned to work, remembered us and the house we stay in. No, we're not rowdy!

Noticed that (Seaside) signs were put on the beach in front of the 4 houses, just east of Seaside. Private beach signs.

Bud & Alley's is still a work in progress. The new space is amazing.

This was our second visit this year. We'll be returning next month, and have already booked August & September, 2022.

If weather and basketball schedules allow, we might return in February when my snowbird cousins from upstate New York, return to 30A.

Oh, and we wore masks in all stores, as we do at home (Louisville).

And fyi, I have never voted for McMitch or Randy Paul.

Ellen

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Love love love visit reports.

The houses just east of seaside in WaterColor are trying to claim the beach as private property.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Thanks for the report, coming down soon and was wondering about this specifically. Cases down there are much, much higher than where I live.
Most of the vacations to SoWal are planned by women. Southern white women who voted for Trump and believe masks are forbidden by the constitution and the Bible.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Thanks @UofL ! Sounds like a great getaway to the beach. And I really appreciate the mask because it seems like visitors consider Florida to be a pandemic free zone. I really appreciate our restaurants and essential employees everywhere including Publix and all of our wonderful shops. They have worked nonstop. Our restaurants have completely changed their operations, several times, to accommodate the demands of this unique time as our tourism has increased significantly in South Walton throughout this pandemic. The rest of Florida experienced fewer tourists last year but not here! I feel like we don't need a lockdown to respond to this pandemic but that doesn't mean we can't still do our part to protect ourselves and our community. If only our state and county leaders would use science as their guide. For now it's up to all of us individually to be informed and protect ourselves and our community.