• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
O.K. sorry to offend those who love the Waffle House. The point I was trying to make was that just because someone is "working class" doesn't mean that they will be satisfied with nasty accomodations. Most people work all year to get a week's vacation. If the old places are clean and well run, that's fine and good, but a lot of PCB is run down and nasty.

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
"...but a lot of PCB is run down and nasty..."

Actually ,it is now mostly torn-down and rubble.

I will take '50s kitch over 2006 mamoth-tower-with
parking garage any day.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Shelly,

And if the Rednecks can't afford to stay in PCB, they'll just have to day trip from south Alabama. :D

I do miss the Miracle Strip Amusement Park, though. But I guess we can always spend our time at the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum :bang:

You might be a Redneck IF: You took your honeymoon photos to Ripley's Believe It Or Not and had to sleep there cause you could not afford to stay in a condo at PCB. :rotfl:

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
I will take '50s kitch over 2006 mamoth-tower-with
parking garage any day.
Attached Thumbnails

It used to be so nice to drive down the street and actually SEE the ocean.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
just returned from a trip to the Forgotten Coast...Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe,
Apalach, St. George...you can actually drive and see the Gulf. Pretty quiet, seems as though some of the high end construction has stopped....

So, maybe there will be some of the old Florida feel left after all....