• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
NO. As a matter of fact, out of courtesy I attempted to contact him to let him know that I was running for sheriff. I left two messages for him and he did not return my calls.

Ah. Then it is not just me. I send him emails, write him letters, and make phone calls and can not get the courtesy of a response. Here I was thinking I did something wrong. That is one thing I never can understand, an elected official not returning a call. Especially when you have so many people working for you that could do it on your behalf.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
The old saying "A bit dog hollers loudest" comes to mind.

It is funny that two of them immediately deny that it is happening.

Gentlemen - am I to believe that you would admit to being a part of this conspiracy ?

I quess their premise is that those who don't deny their involvement are a part of the conspiracy.

Batter Up !

The old saying "A bit dog hollers loudest" comes to mind.

It is funny that two of them immediately deny that it is happening.

Gentlemen - am I to believe that you would admit to being a part of this conspiracy ?

I quess their premise is that those who don't deny their involvement are a part of the conspiracy.

Batter Up !
From what I understand from reading posts and listening to people I think ALL these guys have ties to the current sheriff. The common denominator is they all LOATH him. Wise, Macon and Brown may have stronger feelings than Adkinson or Corman, because they actually worked for him, but I think it is more "me too" as to who thinks johnson must go because he is incompetent or evil or both. Another common theme is that they have all aspired to be the sheriff of this county a long time,some of them for most of their lives. So, lets get everybody who hates ralph and wants to be sheriff on the ballot and let um duke it out. Surely ralph is through whether there are 2 or 20 other names on the ballot. Anyone who would vote for him again deserves what they get.:eek:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
From what I understand from reading posts and listening to people I think ALL these guys have ties to the current sheriff. The common denominator is they all LOATH him. Wise, Macon and Brown may have stronger feelings than Adkinson or Corman, because they actually worked for him, but I think it is more "me too" as to who thinks johnson must go because he is incompetent or evil or both. Another common theme is that they have all aspired to be the sheriff of this county a long time,some of them for most of their lives. So, lets get everybody who hates ralph and wants to be sheriff on the ballot and let um duke it out. Surely ralph is through whether there are 2 or 20 other names on the ballot. Anyone who would vote for him again deserves what they get.:eek:

Statistically an incumbet gets a 20 point bump.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Surely ralph is through whether there are 2 or 20 other names on the ballot. Anyone who would vote for him again deserves what they get.:eek:

Unfortunately, that was said in 2004, too. I know because I said it. No more electioneering for me. :roll:

Unfortunately, that was said in 2004, too. I know because I said it. No more electioneering for me. :roll:

Two different races my dear, ole sheriff man was much stronger last time. Last time people said they did not like him but he was doing a good job. Now they are only laughing at him. And he has made so many enemies that it will only get worse. I think he could not get 5% of the vote in his own department if what I hear is true. The problem with these candidates as I see it is that they all think everyone else should drop out and that they are the man for the job. What we really need is a lady to enter the race and all these guys be gentlemen and bow out. That's about the only way I can think of to keep the candidates in single figures.:rofl::bang:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I have a question. Has Ralph Johnson said he is running for re-election? If so, with all the intelligence and experience exhibited on this board, it is up to all of us to make sure the electorate is well aware of what a lousy job the present sheriff is doing and a vote for him, regardless of your party affiliation, is a vote for the continuation of "more of the same". Speak up, folks, to all your friends and neighbors and tell them your concerns. Remember, August is not that far away.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
:lol: The duct tape around my tongue and over my fingers is definitely starting to hurt. ;-)

(can't say it, can't say it, can't say it,...:blush:)