• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Tony Cornman started his law enforcement career in Walton County. He left Walton County to work for Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco a state agency. He could have never have gotten the extensive law enforcement training he has received by staying here and working in Walton County. Am I the only one who is concerned about the amount of money Adkinson has been able to raise?

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
How much has he raised ?

Cornman counts tax stamps on cigarettes and liquor bottles. He is not qualified to head a department of 180.

I say again he lives in Bay County and he Counts tax stamps !

Ken Pridgen raised over $100,000 for his last Commissioner's campaign. He didn't have to run against Ralph and his gang of 7.

Actually I hope he has raised a ton of money.

Last edited:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Am I the only one who is concerned about the amount of money Adkinson has been able to raise?

My interest is peaked. Since no reports have been submitted no one really knows how much money Adkinson, or any of them have raised. All we have, at this time, is what we are hearing on the street. Personally, I think a Sheriff's race is going to run a $100K to win. I base this on what I have seen raised in the past few cycles by candidates. And if someone can raise $100K I think that shows that they have strong public support as a candidate. Raising money ain't easy. Especially with the economy like it is in the south end of this county.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
How much has he raised ?

Cornman counts tax stamps on cigarettes and liquor bottles. He is not qualified to head a department of 180.

I say again he lives in Bay County and he Counts tax stamps !

Ken Pridgen raised over $100,000 for his last Commissioner's campaign. He didn't have to run against Ralph and his gang of 7.

Actually I hope he has raised a ton of money.

I think the last race Pridgen came in at around $85K.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
I'm not very good with numbers I guess.
But I'm better than Ralphie. I'm was off by 15k, but he was wrong by 3/4 million, and the audit isn't done I hear.

Are you a candidaye for any office?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I'm not very good with numbers I guess.
But I'm better than Ralphie. I'm was off by 15k, but he was wrong by 3/4 million, and the audit isn't done I hear.

Are you a candidaye for any office?

Yes. I am running for School Board District 1. Although this Sheriff's race is starting to intrigue me. I know quite a few people in the north end, so I am still running the numbers to see if I could garner the required 12% +1.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Your running against Mrs. Wilkerson then.

My on my that will be interesting.

I am surprised she is running for re-election. Her comments concerning recent issues as reported in the paper are amazing.

Good Luck. You need to spend some time down south.

Rick Brown

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2008
It has been brought to my attention there is a nasty rumor starting to develop. The rumor is, I am one of the Sheriff’s “good old boys”, and entered the race to give him a better shot at the position again.

Let me get everyone straight.

I have NO ties to Sheriff Johnson and did not enter this race to bust up votes.

I believe Walton County is ready for a Sheriff they can believe in and count on.

A Sheriff that will take care of the citizens equally and without prejudice.

A Sheriff that will lead by example, and will protect his employees.

A Sheriff that will start a healing process of trust that has been broken for many years.

A Sheriff that talks to you instead of at you.

Most of all I believe the people of Walton County want a Sheriff who is honorable, has morals and values that exceed their expectations.

For these reasons I will stay in this race until the very end, because I believe I am the best choice for this position.

I have the grit and determination to make things happen.

I am still employed with the Sheriff’s office and will remain there until I give a two week resignation in June.

I am an ordinary person; I have monthly bills.

There is a ruling that basically states the Sheriff cannot terminate anyone without just cause.

This is why I am still employed.

I keep reading about candidates and campaign money.

All I can say is; it doesn’t take money to place a mark on the ballot for the right person.

Money cannot buy trust, dignity or honor.

It would be an honor for the other candidates to join me in my candidacy and endeavors to bring trust, dignity and honor back to the Sheriff's Office for the people of Walton County.

Candidates are welcome to contact me via email; (vote4rickbrown@cox.net), or telephone (974-0638).

Thanks to all for taking the time to read this posting,
Rick

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
There is a ruling that basically states the Sheriff cannot terminate anyone without just cause.

I would be very interested in what it is that you are referring too here. Florida is a 'work at will of the employer State'. Since there is no union contract government employees are subject to the same standards as private employees. As a private employer, I am always very interested in any rulings or laws that might affect my rights as it pertains to who works for me. I also have seen government employers terminate employees for no apparent cause. Any help in running this detail down would be appreciated.