• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Actually, the first phase stops at Freeport, likely due to little current travel on Hwy 20 b/tw Freeport and Hwy 79, but the limited access road is planned to go all the way to Panama City, and it's to provide faster travel from east and west to the new PCB Airport.

Maybe this closure of VPS is just talk and nothing worth noting, but my personal source of the information is a person well up the chain of information for the airport happenings and the NWFTCA. Maybe he is totally wrong, but it is very interesting to see the PCB Chamber of Commerce noting it in an email.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Per one of the Okaloosa Airport Commissioners, the airport closing is just a rumor being used to push the Bay County airport by realtors. :bang:

It's not closing!

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Per one of the Okaloosa Airport Commissioners, the airport closing is just a rumor being used to push the Bay County airport by realtors. :bang:

It's not closing!

Thanks SB !!--just one word, Hal ah-hell-a lulah!!!

OK! sowalgayboi, my bruva,please, no more rumors!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

It's not closing!
So are Sowalgaboi and ChrisV, both people who received the email from the PCB Chamber of Commerce, Realtors? Or, are you suggesting that the PCB Chamber is a Realtor Organization?

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005

It's not closing!

Perhaps someone meant to say "developers".....:dunno:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Just curious as to how much you hear about the new highways which are planned to be constructed all over NW FL? I hear nothing on the news, but they are under way, with many already under construction. Any idea why they would want a second limited access road to run parallel to Hwy 20, from Niceville to the new airport in PCB?

I know a guy that sits on the corridor authority and I do not recall him ever saying anything about roads being under construction. I even think that their budget has been severely reduced by CC last year. What roads do you know that they are currently building for this project?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
four-laning of hwys 79 and 77, widening of hwy 331 and the Freeport bypass (straightening of hwy 331) are three of the projects which are under way. I believe I recall hearing that they have also begun the moving of 30A in Gulf County.

Last edited:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
four-laning of hwys 79 and 77, widening of hwy 331 and the Freeport bypass (straightening of hwy 331) are three of the projects which are under way. I believe I recall hearing that they have also begun the moving of 30A in Gulf County.

The 331 stuff was in progress way before the transportation authority was put together. I thought 79 and 77 were being four laned for north-south evacuation. Do not know a thing about Gulf County. Learn something new every day.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The land for 331 was just recently required in SoWal, and parts of NoWal. I'm not certain when the NWFTCA was formed, but they include 331, 79 and 77 in their plans. You can view maps of the planned roads and the estimated costs and list of priorities at nwftca.com