• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jamnolfin

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2007
I keep hearing he will be playing. Theres so many rumors floating around PCB, you have to take everything with a grain of salt

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm not sure if Jimmy always appears at the Grand Opening of his restaurants. Simon Group has told the other tenants in Pier Park that Jimmy Buffet will be there for the opening of Margaritaville, and that he will perform one or two songs. I understand that he actually signed a contract with Simon, stating that he would perform.

Ioshius

Beach Comber
Jan 8, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Jimmy Buffett will be at the Grand Opening of the Margaritaville, and yes, he will be playing a few songs in the evening. Expect people to be camped out the evening prior to the opening. The opening should be about mid March, pending they don't have any further construction issues.

Most of the shops and restaurants south of Hilton Drive (south of The Grand Theater) are opening on Valentine's Day. The Back Porch, Buffalo Wild Wings, Hofbrau, Quiznos, Starbucks, Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, Brick Oven Pizza, the candy store (forgot the name, sorry), and the burger joint across from Wild Wings are all confirmed to open that day, as are most of the retailers (minus a handfull). Reggae J's (next to Ron Jon's, which will also open on the 14th) won't be done until around April, or so I've been told. There is also an unconfirmed possibility of a high-end, high-dollar Italian restaurant taking up residence next to Reggae J's, but that is months away. The final two restaurants rounding out south of Hilton Drive are Guglielmo's (Italian) and Another Broken Egg Cafe, though I don't know when their opening dates are. Judging from the construction they have done so far, I don't forsee them making Feb. 14th, but I could be wrong.

Also, if I've left out a restaurant in the area south of Hilton Drive, please let me know!

Unconfirmed restaurant tennants opening in the buildings north of Hilton Drive include: Ruth's Chris Steakhous, Blue Point Fish Club (a la Destin Commons), and Ted's Montana Grill. Again, all of these are UNconfirmed. There could be more possibilities, but these are the only three I've heard about). I have no idea when they will be open, but I've been told speculation is leaning toward mid May of this year. The battle plan is to have the entire mall 100% open, running, and looking great by May 2008, with most of the restaurant / bars concentrated in the "Boardwalk" area (South Pier Park Drive).

Oh, and The Fresh Market is going in one of the buildings - actually the one being build behind Longhorn's and next to Dilliards.

If anything, at least Pier Park will be a good place to eat!!!

Cheers!

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
Pier Park will have lots of great shops and restaurants, but I'm a little worried about whether or not it will be a great place to shop and eat.
We had a manpower shortage before and now....
Some folks like Long Horns have very strict standards and won't just hire anyone off the street.

But this will change in time. (not LongHorns standards, but the area polulation)Over the next few years we are expecting a growth in the working age population, its just going to be a bit ride till then.

Overall, it is going to be much better than fighting that traffic nightmare in Destin. I can't wait.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
So you think that the Pier Park area won't be a traffic nightmare? It will be like a giant parking lot come July 4th. Watch out!

The Alexan has housing East and West of Pier Park, not sure what the prices are though. They are apartments BTW.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There is also plenty of new construction apartments being built to the west of Pier Park, north side of 98.

Just returned from Pier Park doing some interior work on my SIL's new store. She says that Simon Group sent her an email today, stating that it looked like my SIL was not going to be ready, and that she needed to pick up the pace. lol. Simon didn't even put a lock on the door until yesterday, so she has been waiting on them. She will be ready by 14th of Feb, but she doesn't think Simon will be ready by then. I thought the place, south of the theater, has much potential to be ready to open by Feb 14. (pics in camera) Doesn't look like anyone has done much interior work -- probably waiting to get locks on the doors. A few store signs like the Brick Oven Pizza (or something like that) and an ice-cream store were installed today. I think it is looking really inviting as an outdoor mall.

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
It happens to the best of us. When Baytown Wharf was opening, they were supposed to have a huge Grand Opening Celebration for Memorial Day weekend of that year and Bobby J and I just laughed at them. They were trying to get us to open Collaborations II where a shoe store is now. We politely told them no, as our storage was bigger than their store.
Needless to say Grand Opening came and only half of it was completed and open and ready to go, it was embarrassing at the time- but no one remembers that now. Its water under the bridge. Whatever gets done gets done and if it doesn't, its no big deal. It will open in time and the eventual frenzy will throw the opening bugs into distant memory....

I still can't wait though!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
SJ those are the Alexans, there is an East and West.

Last edited: