• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Hey, can you guys move to the thread in All About Sowal? I am sending links to non-members so that they can stay updated.

Thanks! I can still hear the helicopter!

Lawmen used spike strips to try and stop the suspect, but it didn't work. The white male wearing blue shorts and no shirt made it as far as U.S. Highway 283 in Walton County and was northbound when he hit a patrol car and then wrecked his truck in the woods. Godwin said the suspect fired at deputies again before he ran into the woods.
Okaloosa County K9 units were dispatched to assist in the search for the suspect and helicopters are scanning the ground looking for him. The suspect is reported to have brown hair and a goatee.
The Walton County Sheriff's Office has placed Point Washington Preschool, South Washington Montessori School, Bay Elementary School and the preschool at the local Methodist Church on lockdown because the suspect is armed and on foot.
"Parents, please don't go try to pick up your children and stay in side and keep your door locked," Godwin cautioned.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
At 2:15 I received an automated call from the WCSO stating that they are still looking for the suspect and to remain inside with locked doors.