• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Pearce

Beach Lover
May 11, 2009
Seagrove Beach
I just called Bay Elementary (my kids are students there) and it's on lock down and the buses won't be loaded. They told me the school will remain on lock down until they hear from a deputy that everything has been resolved. Don't go try to pick your kids up!

rheffron

Beach Fanatic
Jan 17, 2008
2nd UPDATE 2:24 P.M.
Chick Huettel said he was standing in his yard when he heard a bullet hit the side of his house. He said he dove under the house and hid as the suspect ran by him waiving a gun.
Huettel is a resident on Mitchell Avenue.
After the suspect left his yard, law enforcement officials asked Heuttel to watch for the suspect from his dock. Heuttel is a former law enforcement officer.
As he was speaking to The Sun, both Huettel and his wife, Cathy, said they heard another shot fired.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
I just called Bay Elementary (my kids are students there) and it's on lock down and the buses won't be loaded. They told me the school will remain on lock down until they hear from a deputy that everything has been resolved. Don't go try to pick your kids up!

We were just told, by phone by a parent waiting near the school, that the SO told them the kids will be taken by bus over to the high school ...

Pearce

Beach Lover
May 11, 2009
Seagrove Beach
My sister just called me and said that there are parents parking on the side of the road on the South side of 98 at 395 and crossing traffic to speak to the patrol cars that are blocking Pt Washington Rd. Parents, the kids are safe in the school don't panic and endanger your own lives and others!

Pearce

Beach Lover
May 11, 2009
Seagrove Beach
I confirmed with Cindy, Bay Elementary's secretary, students are being loaded in the buses now and being transported to SoWal Highschool for pick-up