• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

klauricella

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
Freeport
Copied this from the Walton County Sheriff website.....

The Walton County Sheriff's Office is currently in the Point Washington area searching for a robbery suspect.

Students from Bay Elementary School are being bused to the South Walton High School. Parents may pick up their children at the high school.

Pitikas-M.jpg
The suspect is Matheos S. Pitikas DOB 10/16/84. He is a white male 5' 6" 175 lbs. He was wearing blue shorts and no shirt. He has brown hair and a goatee. He was last seen in the East Point Washington area. The subject is considered armed and dangerous.

We are still urging people in the area between Highway 285 and Highway 393 to stay in their home and keep their doors locked. Do not unlock your doors under any circumstances unless a uniform patrol officer ask you to do so.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
395 is now open. Suspect believed to have stolen a vehicle and was seen in Inlet Beach but not positive ID yet. Police still searching both locations.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
WJHG in PCB reports the search is still on, a deputy was shot and the suspect supposedly got a ride in a gray pick-up and is believed to be in the area north of Rosemary Beach close to Inlet beach. Latest info I have, sorry, no more.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I left East PW to get my son at 4. They let me back in at 5ish. A friend called SWSO and they said he has not yet been caught. Helicopters are circling right now over Eden Drive.
I am not sure if anyone can get up Bay Drive yet or not.

r22922

Beach Comber
May 27, 2008
Is he actually in Inlet Beach? Or is it really a rumor? Where is everyone getting their information, because I can't find a news station. Only a Facebook, news article and this thread.