• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I have a question for the Realtors out there. As I drive down 30-A I see balloons on for sale signs that are deflated, pooped, missed matched etc. Do you think if there was a uniform code for proper balloon placement that real estate market would gain in strength?

The market will not come back until we all agree on proper ballon placement. When I drive down 30A and see a red balloon or a random deflated yellow it really saddens me... The over usage and misplacement is a sign of greed. One day we will look back and see the damage we have done:sosad:

Last edited:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
The market will not come back until we all agree on proper ballon placement. When I drive down 30A and see a red balloon or a random deflated yellow it really saddens me... The over usage and misplacement is a sign of greed. One day we will look back and see the damage we have done:sosad:

Please advise..what should be the proper ballon placement:scratch: ? I have blue balloons over in Watercolor...probably deflated....I will go over and destroy them before you see them and become sad!:D

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Please advise..what should be the proper balloon placement:scratch: ? I have blue balloons over in Watercolor...probably deflated....I will go over and destroy them before you see them and become sad!:D

Great question and this is my 2 cents on this most important issue. Balloons should be inflated at all times. String length should measured to insure that the balloons are NOT flying to high above the signage and that in the event of a rapid loss of balloon air the balloon does not touch the ground but hangs just above the surface. Balloons should also be uniform in color or such colors that are inviting to the area. NO black balloons ever. Festive balloons should be the norm such as the ones at Publix i.e. Mermaids, Whales etc. String color should match the over all environment of the signage and ends should not be fr-aid. If these standards are met then I believe the real estate consumer would see the true value of the property here and thus would begin the rapid return of a normal real estate sales cycle.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
DSC02718-thumb.jpg

WRONG!

DSC02716-thumb.jpg

WRONG!

0610026_10.jpg

WRONG!

Rich-Graff-OPEN-HOUSE-005.jpg

RIGHT

Last edited:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Great question and this is my 2 cents on this most important issue. Balloons should be inflated at all times. String length should measured to insure that the balloons are NOT flying to high above the signage and that in the event of a rapid loss of balloon air the balloon does not touch the ground but hangs just above the surface. Balloons should also be uniform in color or such colors that are inviting to the area. NO black balloons ever. Festive balloons should be the norm such as the ones at Publix i.e. Mermaids, Whales etc. String color should match the over all environment of the signage and ends should not be fr-aid. If these standards are met then I believe the real estate consumer would see the true value of the property here and thus would begin the rapid return of a normal real estate sales cycle.

With this quote and Shelly's pics I think we have a new SOWAl rule. I will contact the board about the new rule. This is truly a big day for all of us!!! Let the healing begin!!!! One last rule: Never let old ballon strings hang on a sign. It is just bad business.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
One last rule: Never let old ballon strings hang on a sign. It is just bad business.

In addition to removing deflated balloons and strings from the signs, the owner should also dust off the cobwebs and paint over the high-water marks from time-to-time.

Last edited:

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
With this quote and Shelly's pics I think we have a new SOWAl rule. I will contact the board about the new rule. This is truly a big day for all of us!!! Let the healing begin!!!! One last rule: Never let old balloon strings hang on a sign. It is just bad business.

I move that Bobby J should Chair the position of "Balloon Enforcement Code" and become the voice between the board and the agents to give agents time to adhere to the new guide lines before sanctions are imposed. Do I have a second.. :D