• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

buckjones

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
In rapidly growing Magnolia Beach area of Pt Washington, 2 acre estate sized homesite with over 800' of frontage on McQuagge Bayou. Only a couple hundred yards to the bay; Take your own small boat to the bay from the exsisting 185' dock or use the neighborhood boat launch 2 blocks away. Majority of lot is low lying and has placed into conservation easement to protect from future development. Permits are in place(DEP, CE) for home to be built with great view. Water/sewer, etc. in place. Across the street from new Grayton Bayou development. Possible subdivision potential(land use designation is small neighborhood). By owner at this time. $475,000.

Phone 334-372-2244 or email buckheadjones@yahoo.com for further information

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Re: reply sent

What is "small boat" - how wide and deep is the creek? How many homes could be built on it and how would it be subdivided? How much is high and dry?

Last edited:

buckjones

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
I have given prompt replies

Smiling JOe said:
HELLO, Buck. You still out there?
to all who have emailed me for information. Sorry, Joe, unlike you I don't monitor this board 24/7(I see 10 posts per day, everyday for you). This is the only board this property is listed on.

As per the questions, a small draft boat would be required. The bayou is small and probably not navigable further upstream from the property. Best thing is to go look for yourself if interested. I do have a survey that I can provide.

Directions: take bay drive north from 98; R on E. Pt. Washington; L on Dawson, and R on Laurel Oak Lane; property is on your right at end of street. Majority of lot is considered wetland, which is why the low price for two full acres with 800' of bayou frontage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: I have given prompt replies

buckjones said:
to all who have emailed me for information. Sorry, Joe, unlike you I don't monitor this board 24/7(I see 10 posts per day, everyday for you). This is the only board this property is listed on.

As per the questions, a small draft boat would be required. The bayou is small and probably not navigable further upstream from the property. Best thing is to go look for yourself if interested. I do have a survey that I can provide.

Directions: take bay drive north from 98; R on E. Pt. Washington; L on Dawson, and R on Laurel Oak Lane; property is on your right at end of street. Majority of lot is considered wetland, which is why the low price for two full acres with 800' of bayou frontage.

Just thought you bugged out on us. We got one good post from you, then a blank, then nothing for a while.

Tell us more about the subdivision of the lots you mentioned. Also, since there are so much wetlands, how many houses can you build on the property? Do the Covenants and Restrictions of Magnolia Beach S/D allow for further division of the existing lots, or, is this actually a part of Mag. Beach s/d? Any measured acerage, or percentage of, for the uplands? Where would you park a vehicle if you built there?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Re: I have given prompt replies

OnMackBayou said:
If this is the only place you have it listed, maybe you ought to get some help with it. Now that I think about it there is a copious poster on this here board. He's the type who probably would have helped you out. Put a sign up for you, attached a tube to it with some flyers. Maybe a flyer with a survey on the back of it. Maybe.

Or maybe, when and if you get really serious about selling it you could find a good Realtor. There are several of them on this board. Good luck.

Smiling JOe would want a listing agreement before putting up the sign. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: update

buckjones said:
Price has been reduced to $425,000. Lot split is pending with the county, and price will rise when and if granted. I can email the survey to anyone interested.

email me at kcox@30-arealestate.com
That two letter word, "if" is the biggest word in the world. Even if the lot is split, where the heck are you going to build one house, much less two?

buckjones

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
If you are have serious interest, and would like to see the plans, permits, etc., etc., I would be glad to show them to you at your convenience. Construction of the pile supported homesite(s), including fill, will begin next month at the terminous of the dock. The bayou at the end of the dock appears to be a good 2.5' deep which would accomodate most small boats. There is about .3 acres of uplands on the property.

If you actually have no interest, and are just here disparaging others' business, I for one would appreciate it you would take it elsewhere.