1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Pt. Washington-two acre homesite

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by buckjones, Aug 12, 2005.

1. buckjones

buckjones Beach Comber

In rapidly growing Magnolia Beach area of Pt Washington, 2 acre estate sized homesite with over 800' of frontage on McQuagge Bayou. Only a couple hundred yards to the bay; Take your own small boat to the bay from the exsisting 185' dock or use the neighborhood boat launch 2 blocks away. Majority of lot is low lying and has placed into conservation easement to protect from future development. Permits are in place(DEP, CE) for home to be built with great view. Water/sewer, etc. in place. Across the street from new Grayton Bayou development. Possible subdivision potential(land use designation is small neighborhood). By owner at this time. $475,000.

Phone 334-372-2244 or email buckheadjones@yahoo.com for further information

2. wetwilly

wetwilly Beach Fanatic

Do you have any pictures, directions, plat?

3. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Re: reply sent

What is "small boat" - how wide and deep is the creek? How many homes could be built on it and how would it be subdivided? How much is high and dry?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  4. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

HELLO, Buck. You still out there?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2005
  5. buckjones

buckjones Beach Comber

I have given prompt replies

to all who have emailed me for information. Sorry, Joe, unlike you I don't monitor this board 24/7(I see 10 posts per day, everyday for you). This is the only board this property is listed on.

As per the questions, a small draft boat would be required. The bayou is small and probably not navigable further upstream from the property. Best thing is to go look for yourself if interested. I do have a survey that I can provide.

Directions: take bay drive north from 98; R on E. Pt. Washington; L on Dawson, and R on Laurel Oak Lane; property is on your right at end of street. Majority of lot is considered wetland, which is why the low price for two full acres with 800' of bayou frontage.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2005
  6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Re: I have given prompt replies

Just thought you bugged out on us. We got one good post from you, then a blank, then nothing for a while.

Tell us more about the subdivision of the lots you mentioned. Also, since there are so much wetlands, how many houses can you build on the property? Do the Covenants and Restrictions of Magnolia Beach S/D allow for further division of the existing lots, or, is this actually a part of Mag. Beach s/d? Any measured acerage, or percentage of, for the uplands? Where would you park a vehicle if you built there?

7. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Re: I have given prompt replies

Smiling JOe would want a listing agreement before putting up the sign. ;-)

8. buckjones

buckjones Beach Comber

update

Price has been reduced to $425,000. Lot split is pending with the county, and price will rise when and if granted. I can email the survey to anyone interested.

email me at kcox@30-arealestate.com

9. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Re: update

That two letter word, "if" is the biggest word in the world. Even if the lot is split, where the heck are you going to build one house, much less two?

10. buckjones

buckjones Beach Comber

If you are have serious interest, and would like to see the plans, permits, etc., etc., I would be glad to show them to you at your convenience. Construction of the pile supported homesite(s), including fill, will begin next month at the terminous of the dock. The bayou at the end of the dock appears to be a good 2.5' deep which would accomodate most small boats. There is about .3 acres of uplands on the property.

If you actually have no interest, and are just here disparaging others' business, I for one would appreciate it you would take it elsewhere.

11. buckjones

buckjones Beach Comber

Re: Pt. Washington-two acre homesite-update

Price has reduced to $359,000. Retaining wall and fill have been completed for homesite at terminus of 185' dock; ready for your cantilevered home.

12. goofer

goofer Beach Fanatic

13. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I guess you didn't get the lot split.

A cantilevered home? Should be interesting. I have never seen a home that was cantilevered.:popcorn:

If .3 acres of the 2 acre lot are uplands, why did they build a retaining wall and fill it for the home to be built upon? :popcorn:

14. Pirate

Pirate Beach Fanatic

That really is Bayou front

15. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

It is called Bayou, but more creek-like with mostly wet shoulders.

16. John R

John R needs to get out more

i was up there on the water the other day, it seems that the access has grown over, and i think it would need to be cleared. is the filled area on the west edge of the property? that's quite the drop off from the road. i didn't realize the road was so high up. it appears to me that the filled area would only contain one house.

jr

17. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I took photos of the fill a few months ago because I was shocked that the County allowed it, but I seem to recall deleting them. They did have a permit posted although the actual permit was on the ground until I picked it up and put it back on the board. The road is about 8-10 feet above the property, which was very close to the water level, hence the fill and wall. The fill is on the north west side of the pier and adjacent to the road. It appears that it is large enough for a small footprint of a home with street parking and no yard. :floor:

18. John R

I'm a little fuzzy on this part. Can the whole streetfront be filled?

19. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I just paddled my kayak from the Bay up McQuage Bayou and came to a stop in the water just before turning the corner which leads to this lot and dock. Buck is correct that if you got your boat to the water at the dock, there should be room to float a boat, but you better not plan on going anywhere away from the dock. ;-) McGuage is deep enough to to get a small boat out to the Bay. It is maybe 2 ft at the most shallow point between the boat ramp and the Bay, but you won't be parking a boat at the dock on this lot anytime soon. That said, the dock is a great place to sit and enjoy the bayou, and if you want want to keep a boat, park it on the street and trailer it to the ramp (if that is allowed in the C & R's).

20. John R

did this sell yet?