• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006
Well thank you for at least hearing me. Since I was there even though others here will disagree about these facts, the one thing I will tell you is that we were not effective on lot 1, we never won anything. There was never a judgement, and the county never denied Lot 1 and we learned that the County letter was issued without basis by the county we saw another letter which made that clear. Which means we still have a risk that they will come back to Lot 1. There are other reasons why Lot 1 is still a very real possibility but I would rather not help that cause.

Happy New Year. Talk to you in 2007.

Kevin..there didn't need to be a judgement; RFV was clever enough not to persue a permit after Pat Blackshear issued a Stop Order on their project. By not persuing the permit, they now can claim they were never denied a permit...neat, huh? They are pubically stating this now. They are stating they thought the second lot would be a better lot for them and the community. Golly gee whiz, we got a developer in our mist who will spend an extra $5,000,000+ to make the community happy!!! Send more developers like that to the beach...we need this type of altruism!

I can't follow part of your post, but I think your saying something to the effect that the big, bad boogey man can come back if he wants to; if so, why did he leave in the first place? Oh, that's right, altruism rules!

Happy New Year to you and give GRM my best for the New Year!

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006
That is a stretch. I think those people to whom you refer do the most to protect the beaches. They may not fill it with sand, but they certainly do not add retaining walls which will eventually illiminate the beach as we know it today. In fact, they fight against the Gulf front homeowners who put up the walls, which is done, not to protect the beach, but to protect the yard and or home of an individual.

SJ...what am I going to do with you?..."do the most to protect the beaches?" That role is left to the owners and the county, not the non-owners of beachfront property. If these folks are so protective of the beach, how have we gotten to where we are? Au naturel beaches not maintained after Ivan created the billion dollar mess left after Dennis. Where were the folks who "do the most to protect the beaches?"
Where are these folks when I pick up debris on the beach? Where are they when I, and other owners, help the daily trash pickup driver load his truck? Where are these folks to warn the passers-by of possible problems areas on the beach? The occasional visitors don't do it, the surfers don't do it and the tourist don't do it consistently.Oh yeah, we have the annual "beach clean up day", don't we...let's say that happens five days a year; what about the other 360 days of the year? The owners know; the non-owners are not around for those days. Quite a stretch, huh?

The beach is our front yard. Do you clean, maintain and protect your front yard? We certainly do. I'm sure you enjoy our efforts.

Are these folks who "do the most to protect the beaches" complaning to the county about the proposed RFV project that will dump 100 to 300 people a day during the season on a 75 foot wide lot, abusing the beach at that point, creating formidable problems for the turtle nesting season and generally creating a negative affect on the beach and the neighborhood? Where are these protectors of the beach?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ...what am I going to do with you?..."do the most to protect the beaches?" That role is left to the owners and the county, not the non-owners of beachfront property. If these folks are so protective of the beach, how have we gotten to where we are? Au naturel beaches not maintained after Ivan created the billion dollar mess left after Dennis. Where were the folks who "do the most to protect the beaches?"
Where are these folks when I pick up debris on the beach? Where are they when I, and other owners, help the daily trash pickup driver load his truck? Where are these folks to warn the passers-by of possible problems areas on the beach? The occasional visitors don't do it, the surfers don't do it and the tourist don't do it consistently.Oh yeah, we have the annual "beach clean up day", don't we...let's say that happens five days a year; what about the other 360 days of the year? The owners know; the non-owners are not around for those days. Quite a stretch, huh?

The beach is our front yard. Do you clean, maintain and protect your front yard? We certainly do. I'm sure you enjoy our efforts.

Are these folks who "do the most to protect the beaches" complaning to the county about the proposed RFV project that will dump 100 to 300 people a day during the season on a 75 foot wide lot, abusing the beach at that point, creating formidable problems for the turtle nesting season and generally creating a negative affect on the beach and the neighborhood? Where are these protectors of the beach?
To answer your question, I am right here. I do not, and will never, own Gulf front property. However, I am constantly picking up trash from the beach. Just look in the back of my car on any given day and see the remains. I also have cleaned my share of beach crap from the water, removed pieces of destroyed walkovers from the beach, and try to teach young people to be the good example. I have attended meetings regarding the accesses and many other things regarding not only the beaches, but all of Walton County. I have volunteered numerous times and cleaned trash from Hwy 98. I have walked the beach many times, and continue to look after it. I am not the only non- Gulf-front owner who does similar things. No, I am not the average person, but I don't think that your stated actions are the average Gulf-front owner's.

I have listened to you b_tch and moan about this access, and have not once heard your solution to a growing problem. Frankly, you seem to piss many people off and it is difficult for me to want to team up on your team. My great grandma used to say, "You catch more flies with honey."

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
Kevin..there didn't need to be a judgement; RFV was clever enough not to persue a permit after Pat Blackshear issued a Stop Order on their project. By not persuing the permit, they now can claim they were never denied a permit...neat, huh? They are pubically stating this now. They are stating they thought the second lot would be a better lot for them and the community. Golly gee whiz, we got a developer in our mist who will spend an extra $5,000,000+ to make the community happy!!! Send more developers like that to the beach...we need this type of altruism!

I can't follow part of your post, but I think your saying something to the effect that the big, bad boogey man can come back if he wants to; if so, why did he leave in the first place? Oh, that's right, altruism rules!

Happy New Year to you and give GRM my best for the New Year!

So the question is how do we stop them from developing Lot2? I have heard from GE and he is stating that the Jan 11th meeting, that was suppose to happen in Feb, is a go.

Seems that Lot 1 is done so lets move on. This is why I have been posting LyingFish Village on these post. They can not be trusted according to everything I have read. KT never proved one post wrong except for the percentage of ownership Hard2Sell has in this development (It might be more than 20%).

Sounds like KT is on the inside of LyingFish and he is upset because the community is doing a great job of blocking Lot 2. Trolley to the beach. Yeah I want a diesel powered trolley to wake me up every morning not to mention the smell of diesel. That is great for our beach.

KT never produced the legal letter written by LyingFish that allowed the tractor back on lot 1. What kind of town is this when a letter from the people that run the place is put aside because a Lawyer wrote them back? I hope someone is taking notes because it is going to be a great story to tell.

KT-Lets knock down the house next to yours and put up tennis courts and a community pool with no parking and tell you that you can not use it. I know that is not what LyingFish Trailer Park is doing but this is the same concept if you do not own beachfront property. That is what is going to happen if they get this thing approved. I know I do not want it and I do not want my neighbors to have to do it. It all boils down to money and LyingFish is going to do whatever to they can and say whatever we want to hear to make this happen.

Maybe someone needs to come up with a bumper sticker. That should make the readers of this site shake a little. I see stickers all the time that say Seaside. So lets come up with something that LyingFish would be proud of

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006
To answer your question, I am right here. I do not, and will never, own Gulf front property. However, I am constantly picking up trash from the beach. Just look in the back of my car on any given day and see the remains. I also have cleaned my share of beach crap from the water, removed pieces of destroyed walkovers from the beach, and try to teach young people to be the good example. I have attended meetings regarding the accesses and many other things regarding not only the beaches, but all of Walton County. I have volunteered numerous times and cleaned trash from Hwy 98. I have walked the beach many times, and continue to look after it. I am not the only non- Gulf-front owner who does similar things. No, I am not the average person, but I don't think that your stated actions are the average Gulf-front owner's.

I have listened to you b_tch and moan about this access, and have not once heard your solution to a growing problem. Frankly, you seem to piss many people off and it is difficult for me to want to team up on your team. My great grandma used to say, "You catch more flies with honey."

SJ..good to hear of your efforts. You must not have read my previous posts concerning stopping this kind of access; if you stop the private access now, developers will not make the money they want to make and lower density units will be developed in the future with less damage to the beach and neighborhoods. It's in my previous posts. You on the other hand want the county to buy property on or close to the beach and build some kind of parking structures. Boy, that's really going to be something to see and use! If you have lower density units, you need less parking.

My grandma used to say, "Be direct and honest." I don't think our grandma's would have had a good time together. As far as being on my team, I don't have a team. I'm trying to prevent the misuse of something you say you care so much about. You go spread your honey with the RFV folks and see what happens.

If you can't support my position against the RFV project for personal reasons, then communicate to the county that you support RFV. That would really be a smart, beach loving move.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
BMBwalker, take a moment and forget about the private access for redfish village. Without a private access, please explain where you would have these condo owners and guests access the beach. Also elaborate on the additional use of services they will require. Do you think that they will be driving to Seaside to go to the beach? Take another moment and let's pretend that Redfish Village didn't exist. Let's turn the clock ahead 20 years (remember that Seaside was just kicking off 20 years ago) to when many existing lots in SoWal are built upon. Where are those people going to park to get to the public beach accesses? We have major problems and they are much larger than one private beach access which will not likely get used, because most users of Redfish will travel the most direct path to the beach -- the public accesses in the Blue Mtn Beach s/d.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

I can vouch for SJ picking up crap on the beach because we have bumped into each other doing such. :love:
Also, I am not gulf front, but myself and my neighbors have also cleaned up the beach after storms and after others.
Some of the things left on the beach came from gulffront owners who did not clean up after themselves.

I understand how you BMBW and others feel about the density of people on the beach in a small area, but stating that only the county and gulf front owners are the only people who care about the beaches and marine life, is just plain wrong.
I wish you could apply some of the passion you have about this issue in a more positive way. The RFV and other developments were approved or built, and there's no getting around that short of bulldozing them, which is not going to happen.

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006
BMBwalker, take a moment and forget about the private access for redfish village. Without a private access, please explain where you would have these condo owners and guests access the beach. Also elaborate on the additional use of services they will require. Do you think that they will be driving to Seaside to go to the beach? Take another moment and let's pretend that Redfish Village didn't exist. Let's turn the clock ahead 20 years (remember that Seaside was just kicking off 20 years ago) to when many existing lots in SoWal are built upon. Where are those people going to park to get to the public beach accesses? We have major problems and they are much larger than one private beach access which will not likely get used, because most users of Redfish will travel the most direct path to the beach -- the public accesses in the Blue Mtn Beach s/d.
SJ...not interested in changing the subject. We can blue sky about the future after RFV private gateway access is resolved.

You can theorize and pontificate about the lack of parking and access as much as you like. It does no good to waste that kind of time, energy and money when the problem is at hand today and was created by the approving bodies here in the county. The county has created this problem and it's up to them to change their behavior or we will continue this type of issue in perpetuity. My issue today, not 20 years from now, is the meeting being held in a few days to determine the efficacy of the RFV request.

Your issue, as stated in previous posts, seems to be about parking. That's not the issue in this thread. The county has approved a project that, with it's actions, is going to harm a small portion of the beach and have negative future ramifications for the rest of the beach. That's what has to be challenged today and not the future access and parking 20 years from now. If this project is allowed to occur, the beach usage and atmosphere will be changed forever. BMB will no longer be the quiet, clean, uncluttered and natural spot it has been for decades. Folks actually own property here because of these qualities!

The county created this specific problem by apparently approving a project that was flawed in it's concept as far as the ramifications to the beach and private property owners go. The county now has to approve or disapprove of this project again! If the governing bodies want to destroy this lovely area, they certainly can with the decisions they make and power they have. One of the beautiful things about BMB has been it's human scale buildings and developements the county has approved in the past. Thing are really changing now with these high density, beach damaging projects going up!

I have go now; I'll have to leave the problems that will be here 20 years from now in your capable hands. I'm more concerned about the upcoming public meeting a few days away.

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006

SJ...why would you not want to own beachfront property? It's a beautiful thing to be a part of on a daily basis.