• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
So they should not get a turn? Don't you owe me a hot dog?

I offered to meet you to pay out, it is archived on here somewhere. Of course Paxton should get a turn, but since their districting is set in stone, I'm not sure the acute interest exists there as it does here. You have to admit it looks cowardly to run as far north as is possible following the last meeting. Let me know when you are ready for your hot dog, I do owe it to you.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
But those folks moving from out of town or out of state do not necessarily have the same loyalities as old time Walton County Politics. Just saying, I wonder what the difference in those North of the bay are born a raised and if that may change the voting perspective over time?

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
From the perspective of a homeowner currently living in Sandestin, I like the Rees map.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Wow, was there an ugly email generated from a county office regarding Brenda Rees and the folks who live in Miramar/SanDestin who dared to show up at the last planning meeting. I wonder if the Walton Taxpayer's Association is looking into this activity. My guess is probably not!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Wow, was there an ugly email generated from a county office regarding Brenda Rees and the folks who live in Miramar/SanDestin who dared to show up at the last planning meeting. I wonder if the Walton Taxpayer's Association is looking into this activity. My guess is probably not!
Why, whats the story? Or is this rumor?

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Mr. Small Box

"I wonder if the Walton Taxpayer's Association is looking into this activity. My guess is probably not!

Holy Mackeral!

Thanks for the tip. I had not seen or heard of the email until you mentioned it. Not on the Tea Party mailing list. Asked around and finally found someone that had a copy of the email in question. Frank Day and I were in a meeting with the SOE on Friday to discuss his budget proposal and review his plans to add a new precinct and consolidate 12 precincts next year and had I seen it before then I would have asked him about the summary by the original poster.

After reading the email I find no "taxpayer" issue. County employee's are allowed to answer emails to individuals with their thoughts, but I highly doubt that the SOE would agree with Mr. Vorwalds assessment of the meeting.

He is obviously not a history buff ! Probably not going to get alot of Miramar Beach/Sandestin votes if he chose to run ! :lol:

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that maybe the next meeting should be held in south Walton or at least south of I-10 since that is the locale where the most concerned taxpayers reside? I looked at the printed agenda from the last meeting and it does not look like any place or time for the next meeting was set in stone. I'm guessing the Paxtonians will not worry too much about the change in venue.

North end citizens are not entitled to participate in the process? Everyone else has had their meeting, why does the northend not get their bite at the apple.
Such patronizing attitutes are what causes hard feelings between north and south.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
North end citizens are not entitled to participate in the process? Everyone else has had their meeting, why does the northend not get their bite at the apple.
Such patronizing attitutes are what causes hard feelings between north and south.

No north enders have no right whatsoever, thanks for asking.

Don't be a tool.