• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
arse whoopin? i guess that teaches respect of force, and keeps alive a family tradition.

woodworker

Beach Lover
Jan 26, 2008
SRB
I hear Obama say God Bless America all the time. What's your point? This has no impact whatsoever on the religion in schools debate.

I think it's an impact. Hmmm... schools say evolution, big bang, science & wonder, but the leadership of our country says God? That might hint at a lack of respect for authority.

At least they (leadership) embrace a direction, which has kept us ahead thus far. But then we show our children multiple directions and say "pick one, good luck". The phrase that comes to mind is "children raising children".

Reform? Maybe some people voted for Obama because they wanted reform. But regardless, I think many, if not most, of Obama's supporters are realistic about what kind of reform we can expect- which quite frankly probably isn't that much given what he has to work with.

I think I was speaking of a different reform (taking God out of schools). Are you saying president Obama supports this or has an agenda for this kind of reform. I didn't know. By the way, I understand "reform" as taking an accepted thought or practice and, well.... "reforming it"- lol.

Another thing I'm wondering - anybody- Why is it suddenly so offensive to here mention of God in America? Does it hurt you that bad? I mean, I find many things in our society offensive, but I don't go around fighting about it. Seems like a lot of worse things have happened lately besides someone uttering the word God in a public place.

Also, curious about the agenda of removing God in general. When your quest is complete, are you gonna sit back in your chair and say, "Ahhh, there, that's better, ohhh yeah."

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
Are you referring to the presidents "supposed" background? I hope not.

Besides, God and (their) Allah are two separate entities. For that matter, God and all entities are separate.

Maybe you guy's should do some more research. I mean, man - even the devil believes in God.

Oh.......never mind!

Doing research into fiction is not a productive use of time IMO.

woodworker

Beach Lover
Jan 26, 2008
SRB
do you really believe that those of us who choose not to be immersed in religion have arrived at this choice by way of not doing research or making ourselves informed on the subject?

Slow down, now - I'm only using two fingers here!

Isn't "not immersed in religion" a religion in itself? Isn't evolution a religion (man is his own god)? Isn't big bang a religion? I mean, come on, everything had to come from "something". Put a rock and a stick in a box and bury it - come back 50 years later - guess what's in there - same rock and stick!

Nothing comes from nothing.

So, I guess I believe that those who haven't made a choice have chosen not to choose.

I will say though, making yourselves informed nowadays is a very confusing process. It may startle you, but I am very positive about my belief, and I don't even go to church! I choose not to. I've found God's word twisted, if not reversed, in almost every church I've been to.

p.s. - Gotta go to bed - I'll finish fightin with ya tomorrow.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
Slow down, now - I'm only using two fingers here!

Isn't "not immersed in religion" a religion in itself? Isn't evolution a religion (man is his own god)? Isn't big bang a religion? I mean, come on, everything had to come from "something". Put a rock and a stick in a box and bury it - come back 50 years later - guess what's in there - same rock and stick!

Nothing comes from nothing.

So, I guess I believe that those who haven't made a choice have chosen not to choose.

I will say though, making yourselves informed nowadays is a very confusing process. It may startle you, but I am very positive about my belief, and I don't even go to church! I choose not to. I've found God's word twisted, if not reversed, in almost every church I've been to.

p.s. - Gotta go to bed - I'll finish fightin with ya tomorrow.

You're arguments lead me to believe ignorance is a religion and you're a high priest.

Last edited:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I think every President says, "God Bless America." I believe it would draw more attention and scorn should we ever have a Commander in Chief who doesn't say those words.

Jindal - of Hindu descent (I presume because he is second generation Indian and he could have been reared Christian, but I say descent), said, "God Bless Louisiana AND God Belss America."

I thought the President gave a great speech to Congress. It improved his approvals immediately.

Y'all have a great day!

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Woodworker, you said I don't have a clue what I am talking about. This bothered me initially because I put a lot of effort into my exchange of ideas here and believe it or not I do care what people think of me.

But after reading your last few posts, let's just say I am no longer bothered.