• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Not that it matters, but the Waffle House chain is not owned by the Ritz Carlton...as stated in an earlier post. Waffle House is an Atlanta based, private company...owned by Joe Rogers, Sr, Joe Rogers, Jr. and family. And now that smoking is prohibited in Georgia restaurants...it's a much more pleasant experience when it's time to 'grease up'.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
GVM said:
Not that it matters, but the Waffle House chain is not owned by the Ritz Carlton...as stated in an earlier post. Waffle House is an Atlanta based, private company...owned by Joe Rogers, Sr, Joe Rogers, Jr. and family. And now that smoking is prohibited in Georgia restaurants...it's a much more pleasant experience when it's time to 'grease up'.

Oops! Did I say that? Sorry for the incorrect information. I will delete it. Thanks.:D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Sorry to leave you hanging, jdarg. I pulled my post while you were answering. Decided that it was too controversial and needed more explaining. Too sleepy to deal with that now.

I can't imagine what would need explaining. Chains are self-explanatory. Yes, I frequent certain chains because there are times when convenience is everything, but there are places in this world that do not need an Olive Garden. Or a Ruth's Chris. Or a Tommy Bahama restaurant!

Everyone in Loouisville has their panties in a wad because there is a new PF Changs! IMHO, no food is good enough to wait 2 freakin' hours to eat it. If the restaurant is that good, they will take my reservation.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
I can't imagine what would need explaining. Chains are self-explanatory. Yes, I frequent certain chains because there are times when convenience is everything, but there are places in this world that do not need an Olive Garden. Or a Ruth's Chris. Or a Tommy Bahama restaurant!

Everyone in Loouisville has their panties in a wad because there is a new PF Changs! IMHO, no food is good enough to wait 2 freakin' hours to eat it. If the restaurant is that good, they will take my reservation.

I hear ya'! We waited nicely for an hour at Northpark Mall here and then started seeing folks that came in behind us being seated....YOU DO NOT DO THAT!! They completely missed our name and we STAYED and ate and it was lousy service...food was good. I have not been back and that was 4 years ago!

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Any update the the Hotels that have been mentioned on 30A, one where the market is on 395 and the other just up on319? fact or fiction?

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
jdarg said:

The best aspect of PF Changs is the decor.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Buckhead Rick said:
Any update the the Hotels that have been mentioned on 30A, one where the market is on 395 and the other just up on319? fact or fiction?
I have heard no changes in the Downtown Seagrove project, and do not recall that it was going to be a hotel -- I just cannot remember.

I am guessing the other one on 319 as you say is really supposed to be the one on 283, up the street from Grayton. I have seen no further activity on it.