Ritz-Carlton

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Smiling JOe, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

Hotel Saba has had some difficulties starting with the original general contractor going bankrupt (for reasons not related to the hotel) and continuing with design and engineering flaws that had to be fixed. It should have been completed by now, but it will be very nice when it is done. The "conference center" is not attached to the hotel. The conference center is immediately adjacent to the Town Hall, the hotel is across the street. But it is the same owner for both projects.

2. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Thanks cck....I've missed you and your informed and wise words!

3. Camp Creek Kid

:wub: I've been here lurking and posting now and then--just too busy to spend too much time. Hope you had/are having a great time in SoWal!

4. ktmeadows

ktmeadows Beach Fanatic

Thanks CCK for clarifying that it's a conference center, not a convention center as first stated. The first thing that came to mind when I heard convention center was a huge facility such as ours here in St. Louis. I agree that a conference center will be a great addition to the area. I'm driving down this weekend with my sisters and will make it a point to check out this new hotel. And now that I know Rosemary Beach is having it's winefest this weekend as well, all the more reason to stop by!! :clap_1:

5. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Thanks...I have had and am having a great time here!! Working on stretching it into November...I'm just not sure how I can leave this place...that ol' SoWal Magic has put it's spell on me! Even doing laundry is better at the beach!!!

6. peapod1980

peapod1980 percy

:clap_1: So true--it's a strange phenomenon, isn't it?

7. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Strange, but SO true. I've even paid some bills and BALANCED a checkbook...no problems. I will now happily and with great glee go upstairs and put in another load!!! I wonder if I could even IRON something while I am here? Naa...don't push my luck!

8. peapod1980

peapod1980 percy

Nah, let's leave the iron out of this! :lol:

9. imasunbum

imasunbum Beach Fanatic

To all - Please forgive me the convention center was typo - what time did I post that? I do believe I got too much sun at the beach this weekend.

My special thanks to CampCreekKid for his/her informative comments. You seem to know a lot about the project...that makes me curious....hmmm.....I wonder who you are!

Anyway - thanks for your words of wisdom.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  10. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

CCK is our resident therapist and all around "go to" whenever we need the real scoop! Convention Center is simply a term that scares us big city folk...down here it's just a "meetin' place"!!

11. Camp Creek Kid

First of all, I'm a "she" second of all, I doubt that we know each other. Not that it wouldn't be great to know you. It is just a very small town. Your "boss" and his wife are friends of more than one of my friends, and I know a few key people involved in the project. Like I said, SoWal is just a very small town.

Don't worry though. The gender thing is an easy mistake to make. There is no possible way you could tell one way or the other. :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  12. ktmeadows

ktmeadows Beach Fanatic

:lolabove: This isn't the first time we've encountered the he/she confusion :confused: Not that it makes any difference, but although we haven't all met, I think it would be nice to at least identify sex. No...not whether we do or don't or with whom :floor: ...I mean male/female. I often find myself using neutrals so as not to offend. Just a thought:dunno:

For the record, luvthebeach is a she :roll:

13. imasunbum

imasunbum Beach Fanatic

Sorry Camp Creek Kid - absolutely no offense meant by "he". That was not very smartt of me. You can refer to me as he or she - doesn't matter - but I will try not to make that mistake again.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  14. Camp Creek Kid

Do you know something that I don't? :dunno: No offense taken :D .

15. tsutcli

tsutcli Beach Fanatic

Having coffee this morning at Amavida in Rosemary and struck up a conversation with a guy who is staying there. Talk turned to Saba and he said the Ritz-Carlton was negotiating to go in there. Anything new with this project that would confirm this?

16. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

There is also talk lately, about a hotel going into Prominence. I guess they will still have to use Deer Lake State Park as their daily use beach access, if that happens.