• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I was looking online at sites that sell the shredded tires, and they universally say they are sealed with something and clean...the 'raw' rubber must be cheap stuff.:angry:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I was looking online at sites that sell the shredded tires, and they universally say they are sealed with something and clean...the 'raw' rubber must be cheap stuff.:angry:

The ones at Sandestin look greasy- maybe they are sealed. Sealed or not, the thought of touching them is distasteful.:puke: And sealing would never cool them off. They ought to re-name it "The E-Z Bake Oven Playground". At least they could have water sprinklers or something to revive the kids after they get heatstroke.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Does this playground smell? It sounds disgusting.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
When I was a kid we had the shredded tire mulch on our playgrounds. It was dry and did not smell except if you deliberately sniffed it (just like a tire).

I find it hard to believe that they haven't made advances in the last decade or so, since most of my playground equipment, toys, foods, etc. has since been declared unsafe.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Johnny Sketch & The Dirty Notes, July 11
Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes is simply a funky rock band from New Orleans. Classically trained and schooled in making the house ROCK! From a calm, funky groove to a full blown frenzy at the drop of a hat. JSDN rocks the house, every time, all the time.
http://www.baytownewharf.com/events.asp