• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
I have meant to ask, why did Sandor close his restaurant? It may have been the best dinning experience my wife and I have had in the South, including of course, Buckhead.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Buckhead Rick said:
I have meant to ask, why did Sandor close his restaurant? It may have been the best dinning experience my wife and I have had in the South, including of course, Buckhead.

Better than Segar's on Paces Ferry?

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
The ironic thing is that it got a full-page photo in Gourmet Magazine last October (not an advertisement but part of a feature article), plus the inclusion of recipes. So my husband and I decided that we must try it. When we got around to making reservations, we found out that it was closed down.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Sandor's also was written about in the foodie section of the New York Times Sunday Magazine, by Julia Reed. Her family has a house in Seagrove Beach. She gave it a rave review and publishing about three recipes. We had dinner there a couple of times and found it astonishing---as good as any of the top culinary temples in Paris. It was a little unusual for the area, however, and one doesn't make a living with so few tables and such high overhead. I can only imagine what he had to spend on those food items and the quality.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
He also was his own man, once we were there and even though he had an empty table, he turn away several walk ups because he wan't expecting them.