Sara Comander not seeking re-election

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by FactorFiction, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Patriot Games

Patriot Games Beach Lover

Describe large amount of sales tax Nick generates for Walton government, now compare to most any business in SOWAL. He may the Big fish in basin bayou, but only fry in the scope of SOWAL..............

2. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

I remember years ago coming through Basin Bayou and seeing the signs in the background, I don't ever recall seeing the forward sign which says "vote for taxes", not saying it wasn't there, I just don't recall it.

My point in putting it here is Brannon resurrected the sign a few days ago and posted it. I assumed it was a show of support for Trey Nick.

3. Jim Tucker

Jim Tucker Beach Fanatic

If Mr. Nick has not put himself out there then he is not considered a public figure and doesn't deserve to be impuned in public. Back off!

4. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

I haven't impuned anyone.

So defensive.

5. Wilma Watson

Wilma Watson Beach Comber

Patriot Games - Call me a Troll or whatever you want to. It makes no difference to me. I spend much of my time each quarter completing humanitarian services. I look on Sowal to catch up on issues occurring within our County. Over the past year it has become a, "Let's talk about people and subjects of which the facts are incorrect or just idle gossip which can be spun to one's liking." I will no longer visit this site for knowledge of local issues. You still have not answered the question of what have you have done to enhance our County and have used several post to redirect the issue. I do consider Trey Nick a friendly acquaintance and have seen the hours and hard work he and his family put in daily along with the character he and his wife have instilled within their children consisting of hard work and giving back to their County. Hard work is hard work no matter if it is a family business started by his grandfather years ago or not.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Jim Tucker

Jim Tucker Beach Fanatic

I wasn't singling you out. I was talking to everyone. If I was talking to only you I would have quoted you or addressed you @Kaydence .

So defensive. :rolleyes:

7. James Bentwood

James Bentwood Beach Fanatic

Well if something is incorrect and you want to bring the truth then that is also what this site is for. Don't be offended just because you are right.

With that said, in general, being a humanitarian or a hard worker doesn't automatically mean a person is going to be a good guardian of our county, or associate themselves with the right people in politics.

8. Patriot Games

I'm not running for office Wilma, Absolutely agree with Bentwoods second statement. Tucker, nobody on SOWAL put Nick up as a candidate, his "Friends" are telling everyone. Nick can simply post somewhere that he is not a candidate and this issue can be moot.

9. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

No, what you did was make this appear to be a character assassination by those who want better government.

All of us and myself personally have as much right to discuss who his backers may or may not be based on what is being said in public as you do to defend it.

I'm responsible for what I say. I don't speak for everyone and obviously others can will and do speak for themselves. I'm not the only one who saw it as you being defensive over one of your friends.

Elections are not about voting for your friends/associates because you personally like them. It's about voting for the best person for the job even if you don't know them from Adam's A$$.

I personally do not know Trey Nick. I know his daddy well as my daughter worked for him in high school but neither of those reasons are substantial enough to vote for Trey. What is substantial enough NOT to vote for him is, his associations and who his backers will be and I suspect from things I'm hearing that Trey Nick means more of the same crappy government we already have no matter how nice he is.

The SBA and Blue money turns my stomach!! It should yours as well!

10. Jim Tucker

Jim Tucker Beach Fanatic

I don't know him. I'm telling you and everyone else to back off and be nice. You and other poot shooters are so used to trashing politicians that you need to know you can't do that to private citizens. Until he declares he has no backers. He is a private citizen and is not posting here to defend himself so you don't have the right to talk about him in a public forum in a negative way. That is clearly libelous, especially if you harm his reputation or business. He is not a public figure. Yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

Its libelous to say he is a friend to Scott Brannon? It's libelous to say the SBA is Blue money or that Frank Watson is with the SBA?

If those things are libelous perhaps he needs better friends? :p

12. Jim Tucker

Jim Tucker Beach Fanatic

It is a warning not an accusation.

13. Suzanne Harris

Suzanne Harris Beach Fanatic

Well Trey Nick told me at the Lincoln Day Dinner he was running and hoped I would support him. If he is not running I suggest he should just say so. After all he does not live in Sarah Comnanders district so it could not be realistic
    . Could be Scott Brannon’s mind playing tricks on him. Help 911.

14. BJackson

BJackson Beach Lover

Trey Nick prefiled today for WCC District 4 seat.

15. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

[​IMG]

16. Wilma Watson

From the Troll: I have spoken to Trey Nick myself. He has not been bought by "Blue" money as you claim, nor anyone else. He owes no one. He believes in the environment and the people of Walton County, many of these people have asked him to run. He has a business and a family, yet sees the need for solidarity and preservation both in the north and in the south. Your constant negativity will not change his mind about his belief in the people of Walton County along with the current and urgent needs throughout the county. Happy posting in order to try to drag someone down whom you have never met.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  17. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

This sure is a twisted take on what's actually been said here. Bought by Blue money? I think the words used were "backed by the SBA" which is Lloyd Blue. Hasn't this county experienced enough crap under those who were bought and paid for by the SBA?

You are known through your associates and while some folks think that growth and over development in the South end without the needed infrastructure was a good thing, it has not been without MAJOR problems created by the current BCC who is also backed by the SBA.

It's great to be concerned for the environment and it's great being a family man...nothing wrong with that. Kudo's for it but what does he know about government and running a multi million dollar budget?

If you are going to be his mouth piece and speak for him, in my opinion there are more pressing problems to address. This is not a personality contest, its a political race that will determine the future of this county. Frankly, the direction we are headed is NOT and NEVER has been the answer.

18. Patriot Games

I believe his residence is in Freeport. Didn't someone say he lives in Chapman's district. Oh great, someone else who never goes to bcc meetings and now thinks he is the solution. Backed and friends with those who have destroyed SOWAL. No matter how NICE he is, we know what the SBA, brannon and those who have asked him to run want. Control and reindeer games. Wanna bet if he gets in, his wife runs for superintendent again after his name spreads around. Let's see if he answers questions like glidewell. I can probably guess who Nick's donors will be.

19. Wilma Watson

To both of you: 1) I am not Trey Nick’s mouth piece and do not intend to be. 2) You apparently do not know his views or his legal knowledge of the area, especially with him having owned a business in the area for the past 20 years. 3)You post on here like a band of school yard bullies who know everything when you have no actual knowledge of the candidate. Do or say whatever you want. It is free country, yet do not make your posts appear as facts when you have none. It could become a liability issue for you both if it effects his minor children or business.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  20. Kaydence

Kaydence Beach Fanatic

This is comical, in fact...it's hysterical!

No one even mentioned his children. No one is trying to bully anyone and these petty threats of liability and slander border on the ridiculous! He is running for PUBLIC office!!

He owns a freakin restaurant for crying out loud. No one has said anything about his business and no one has said to stop eating there. In fact people have said the food is good and they have eaten there.

If he is that thin skinned perhaps politics is not his forte and he should stick to what he knows best...smelly seafood.