• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
Are you talking about the trees south of the Seagrove Market that were on 393 and stopped at 30A? The palms?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
100312seagrove036.jpg

100312seagrove038.jpg

100312seagrove041.jpg

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I do not blame the owners for wanting the "highest and best use" for their property. I know traditions die hard and change can be tough, but progress continues. All good things come to an end and all good things have a beginning.

Bulldozing dunes, polluting coastal dune lakes, and clear cutting forests are crimes - the passing of a Seagrove landmark and a few pretty oaks pale in comparison. All things in this life are impermanent.

http://www.sowal.com/bb/real-estate...-corner-30a-395-seagrove-market-location.html

http://www.sowal.com/bb/dining-food/45372-v-restaurant-coming-seagrove-395-scenic-30a.html

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
Thank you for your response. I am trying to orient myself to the pictures you provided. I think I understand the first and second pictures but I can't figure out the third one. I only come there in October and April. Someone told me last October that the Hotel Veridan (sp?) was not going to happen.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Thank you for your response. I am trying to orient myself to the pictures you provided. I think I understand the first and second pictures but I can't figure out the third one. I only come there in October and April. Someone told me last October that the Hotel Veridan (sp?) was not going to happen.

It is going to happen. Click on these links below that Kurt posted above to read more about it.

Hotel Viridian on corner of 30A & 395 - Seagrove Market location

The V Restaurant coming to Seagrove 395 & Scenic 30A

Smooch

Beach Comber
Jan 8, 2007
SRB
oh it definitly is going to happen.... it's in phase one.... building starts in phase two and the market will be gone...... but it will be quite awhile until phase two starts. i have heard it from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
oh it definitly is going to happen.... it's in phase one.... building starts in phase two and the market will be gone...... but it will be quite awhile until phase two starts. i have heard it from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Thanks - tell the horse not to kill the messenger. :lol:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I just wish that some of the developers who want the highest and best use for their property, would find a way to have that without destroying everything on the property...

this makes me physically ill just as I was ill when the huge oak tree (at what had been Anthony's Tractor
at the corner of Musset Bayou and Highway 98) went down...and now what do we have there: an empty strip mall, with lights that burn all night; and the parking lot is used as overflow for the restaurant across the street...is that really highest and best use?

if the hotel is not going to be built for awhile, why did the trees come down today...just to concrete over the sand or are they still planning to build the underground parking garage...

oh how I wish we had a tree ordinance here!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I just wish that some of the developers who want the highest and best use for their property, would find a way to have that without destroying everything on the property...

this makes me physically ill just as I was ill when the huge oak tree (at what had been Anthony's Tractor
at the corner of Musset Bayou and Highway 98) went down...and now what do we have there: an empty strip mall, with lights that burn all night; and the parking lot is used as overflow for the restaurant across the street...is that really highest and best use?

if the hotel is not going to be built for awhile, why did the trees come down today...just to concrete over the sand or are they still planning to build the underground parking garage...

oh how I wish we had a tree ordinance here!

In real estate terms, "highest and best use" means most profitable.