• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I had made a note 5 years ago to not return in October but this year, we had a cancelled trip, so we came. Will never return to 30A again in October. We've avoided March and April spring breaks for a decade. We were here in August. Just busier than usual.

Below is what I posted on Seaside's facebook page:

Do not ever stay at Seaside in October. It's fall break and the place is full of young people who apparently aren't staying here. No wristbands. Climbing over the gates to and from the beach. Taking up all available walking space in the evening at town center. Especially don't come since Seaside isn't going to invest in extra security at this time, I repeat, do not stay at Seaside in October. (I especially like the ones who are peeing in the dunes.)

Today, Sunday, with all these new arrivals, maintenance person told us there are only 2 security guys on duty. The 3 McMansions built just east of Seaside, past the older yellow house, put up signs last week, stating private beach etc but that's where the kids are going when they are kicked out of Seaside. The security guys claim they are coming from Watercolor. We've seen parents picking up their kids at night behind Great Southern.

Ellen

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Sorry you had a bad experience. I do not like fall break crowds but I guess it is good for business. Sounds like Seaside and Sheriff may need to institute some or all of their spring break measures for fall break.

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
So happy that we sold our lot! We bought a bigger boat! Sorry, but it's mostly Atlanta. The 40 somethings just want to party so they let the kids do as they wish.

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
We were there last week and it was just as bad as August. That said I fish from sunrise to noonish, leave until they take up the umbrellas and fish until sunset. I ain't THAT bad.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It is by far the busiest October I have ever seen, not just in Seaside. Probably a by-product of the pan-damn-ic. Or maybe it's just a sign of the times... (sigh)

Jake Reallys

Beach Crab
Oct 11, 2020
Spring Falls
So happy that we sold our lot! We bought a bigger boat! Sorry, but it's mostly Atlanta. The 40 somethings just want to party so they let the kids do as they wish.

I was just at Modica Market and kids from ATLANTA are breaking windows and setting fires. There is another gang of kids coming over from Watercolor in souped up golf carts. They are also from ATLANTA! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

images

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
It's like being at a Friday high school football, trying walk through the kids around the track. Not a fun beach trip. Fun for them. Not for us. If they want March, April, and October, 30A is theirs. We'll try May, August and/or September. If not.....life goes on.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I was just at Modica Market and kids from ATLANTA are breaking windows and setting fires. There is another gang of kids coming over from Watercolor in souped up golf carts. They are also from ATLANTA! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

images
Antifa or Deplorables? They just look so cute at that age...