• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

br549

Beach Comber
Apr 2, 2008
:wave: One can not control who is backing/supporting who. I have not heard or read anything that says any of these things that some of you have posted on here. All I see on here are a bunch of Mike Adkinsons supporters doing nothing but bashing, making things up. I don't see any Danny Griffith supporters doing this. Maybe because some people won't stoop this low to make things this silly rumors? And yes rumors is all these are. There is no truth to them at all. This is all just child's play. :roll: I was undecided till I read all this here and now have made my choice. And it sure is not on the side of bashers. That would be like putting in the same bunch from a couple terms ago.

Is comparing Adkinson to a previous term sheriff without just cause not bashing as well? One can only think that this was stated as a negative remark.

And yet you yourself stated "one can not control who is backing/supporting who"...

If you are going to ridicule others for bashing, shouldn?t you hold yourself to the same standard...

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
What would you do?

Any chance Danny Griffith might make an appearance on Sowal? It has helped other candidates dispel rumors about themselves and get known by some voters that might not have heard their message. :dunno:

Looking at this situation with Ralph supporting Danny, which he does by the way, I wonder what I would do if I was in Danny's shoes/boots. First, I would never turn down a VOTE, however, I would step out and formulate a statement with regards to several of the opportunities Ralph faced in his years as Sheriff. For example:

How does Danny feel about the two pregnant women having been fired for carrying a child? We know how Ralph feels, he don't give a hoot, Danny can clairify his stance on this.

How does Danny feel about the budget and the mess one of the two candidates will have to clean up?

It think this is a fair start and if I were Danny, I'd be addressing these issues, as well as others. Mike Adkinson has already made his very strong platform and he has expressed his plans for fixing what's broken.

Danny can't help it if Satan him/her - self (L.C.), wants to support him, but he can come out and speak on the issues that set him apart from other political figures that choose to, or choose not, to support him. We'll wait and see if that happens.

I appreciate Danny allowing his number to be posted, I perfer to address the issue in the same venue which it was created, this website. This string began here and should end here. I am not saying any candidate needs to spend time answering questions here, but others in the past have posted replies to issues that were raised here.

I would be quick to thank someone for their support, but also keep them on a very, very short leash. Where else is Ralph going to send his support??? There is only one way a fish ends up in the frying pan or on a wall... it opens its mouth.:cool: Keep the leash tight.

w

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Looking at this situation with Ralph supporting Danny, which he does by the way, I wonder what I would do if I was in Danny's shoes/boots. First, I would never turn down a VOTE, however, I would step out and formulate a statement with regards to several of the opportunities Ralph faced in his years as Sheriff. For example:

How does Danny feel about the two pregnant women having been fired for carrying a child? We know how Ralph feels, he don't give a hoot, Danny can clairify his stance on this.

How does Danny feel about the budget and the mess one of the two candidates will have to clean up?

It think this is a fair start and if I were Danny, I'd be addressing these issues, as well as others. Mike Adkinson has already made his very strong platform and he has expressed his plans for fixing what's broken.

Danny can't help it if Satan him/her - self (L.C.), wants to support him, but he can come out and speak on the issues that set him apart from other political figures that choose to, or choose not, to support him. We'll wait and see if that happens.

I appreciate Danny allowing his number to be posted, I perfer to address the issue in the same venue which it was created, this website. This string began here and should end here. I am not saying any candidate needs to spend time answering questions here, but others in the past have posted replies to issues that were raised here.

I would be quick to thank someone for their support, but also keep them on a very, very short leash. Where else is Ralph going to send his support??? There is only one way a fish ends up in the frying pan or on a wall... it opens its mouth.:cool: Keep the leash tight.

w

Please be patient with Danny. His Grandmother passed today, and I?m sure he will be tied up with arrangements. Danny has told me that he will be posting on here so stand by. But like i said before I will pass those questions along at a more appropriate time.

Bonlan

Beach Comber
Sep 25, 2008
We'll it's official folks! As of last Friday Sept. 19th, Ralph is throwing all his support toward democrat sheriff candidate Danny Griffith. I too was also curious about the locations where Ralph Johnson's signs use to be, were being replaced with Danny Griffith signs. Also certain deputies that had Ralph Johnson signs in their yards and on their trucks, are now being replaced with Danny Griffith ones. As everyone knows, you can't judge a book by it's cover, and i wanted to give Danny the benefit of the doubt and didn't want to jump to conclusions without doing a little investigation work. Sooo these are the facts......Ralph didn't expect to lose this past August, so last year his wife enrolled in the state's DROP program out at the prison, where she works. Now that he lost, he can't move to Tennessee just right yet because of his wife needing to do a few more years with the state.
There has been approximately two meetings within Ralph and Danny since August 26th. There has also been numerous...I repeat, numerous phones calls between the both of them to discuss trying to switch certain supporters of Ralph's over to Danny's side. If Danny wins then Ralph will stay employed with the SO as a Lt. or Capt.(not sure which one yet?)The only problem is that Danny is not wanting it slip out to the public that Ralph is endorseing him...because it's the "kiss of death" especially with the citizens of Walton County who voted against Ralph. I usually vote democrat each election, since I'm a hard core democrat. My entire family from my grandparents to my grandchildren has always been so called "yellow dog" democrats, but this will be the first time I'm going to vote republican this go round for the sake of all these poor deputies and the citizens of Walton County. I know there will be alot of people disagree with my findings but my facts are true and came directly from one of their family members. From what I've acquired about Danny Griffith is he is a very nice guy and a hard working trooper. That's why I didn't want to just go by rumors you hear or read about someone. I had to find out for myself. I just thought the facts needed to be known right now, because come Nov. 4th, if Danny wins and then Jan. 2nd rolls around Ralph is still working at the SO..people are going to say "what the h*ll?" So don't say you weren't warned ahead of time. God helps us....we can't deal with another four more years of Ralph.:bang:
Hmmm, it's official because a relative of a relative told you that Danny Griffith was keeping RJ on at the Sheriff's Department. Sounds like someone just trying to find something and anything to muddy the water with Mr Griffith. I have known the man for many years and he is of a totally different sheet of music than Ralph Johnson. While Johnson has taken the "DGS" attitude with the voters, Griffith is a man of his word and he takes the responsibility of the Sheriff position seriously. I have yet to meet anyone with a negative thing to say about the Griffiths, as a family or as an individual. The man has the intelligence, experience, knowledge, and leadership qualities the Sheriff's Department needs right now, but mostly, he has the ability to work with every facet of county goverment to bring the Sheriff's department back to a respectable agency. I have my doubts about Adkinson, not only because he receives his guidance and direction and funding from his uncle, the former State Attorney, Clayton Adkinson, (and we all know what a disaster he ended up being) but, mostly because of his selection of officers at the Police Department in DeFuniak. After researching the officers on staff at the Police Department, under Adkinson's command and at his own hiring, I found over half of the officers are ex Sheriff's Deputies that were fired or left the SO under less than favorable conditions. One was fired for posing nude on the internet in his Sheriff's hat and gunbelt, one was demoted because he failed to supervise his subordinates, one was fired for breaking into a City of Freeport vehicle while on duty (and in uniform no less), one was fired for abuse of a prisioner and Officer Chapman, who is the Chief Investigator for Adkinson, (was the person involved with the removal of the former Chief of Police), and the one who solicited the former Chief through his friendship, to get his certification reinstated by fraudulent means. He is also the ex #2 man during the Quinn days (that none of us want to see return) and no doubt would slide into that position again if Adkinson is voted in. There are several more shady backgrounds, but I think my point has been made with these few listed. All of this IS public record that Adkinson had access to, and by hiring officers with this type of backgroud, it causes me to question his ability to not only select qualified, morally acceptable officers but to question his concern for public safety. And again, this is not "heard it thru the grapevine" information. It is public record that anyone can request. Instead of trying to start rumors with hearsay in an attempt to plant a seed about Johnson working for Griffith, why don't you provide a source that can be checked. I know the facts I stated can be verified by a simple request of information. I wanted to find out more about the new city Chief that is now hopping on the wagon to be the big County Sheriff so soon after becoming a Chief in DeFuniak. The plot sort of thickened after I found over half of his office was ex deputies with questionable ethics. Check it out for yourself and see if you agree. There is no doubt that I will be voting for Griffith regardless of what party I am registered to and from the folks I have spoken with, there are alot of republicans that will be voting democrat for Sheriff.

lets go fishin

Beach Crab
Sep 24, 2008
Hmmm, it's official because a relative of a relative told you that Danny Griffith was keeping RJ on at the Sheriff's Department. Sounds like someone just trying to find something and anything to muddy the water with Mr Griffith. I have known the man for many years and he is of a totally different sheet of music than Ralph Johnson. While Johnson has taken the "DGS" attitude with the voters, Griffith is a man of his word and he takes the responsibility of the Sheriff position seriously. I have yet to meet anyone with a negative thing to say about the Griffiths, as a family or as an individual. The man has the intelligence, experience, knowledge, and leadership qualities the Sheriff's Department needs right now, but mostly, he has the ability to work with every facet of county goverment to bring the Sheriff's department back to a respectable agency. I have my doubts about Adkinson, not only because he receives his guidance and direction and funding from his uncle, the former State Attorney, Clayton Adkinson, (and we all know what a disaster he ended up being) but, mostly because of his selection of officers at the Police Department in DeFuniak. After researching the officers on staff at the Police Department, under Adkinson's command and at his own hiring, I found over half of the officers are ex Sheriff's Deputies that were fired or left the SO under less than favorable conditions. One was fired for posing nude on the internet in his Sheriff's hat and gunbelt, one was demoted because he failed to supervise his subordinates, one was fired for breaking into a City of Freeport vehicle while on duty (and in uniform no less), one was fired for abuse of a prisioner and Officer Chapman, who is the Chief Investigator for Adkinson, (was the person involved with the removal of the former Chief of Police), and the one who solicited the former Chief through his friendship, to get his certification reinstated by fraudulent means. He is also the ex #2 man during the Quinn days (that none of us want to see return) and no doubt would slide into that position again if Adkinson is voted in. There are several more shady backgrounds, but I think my point has been made with these few listed. All of this IS public record that Adkinson had access to, and by hiring officers with this type of backgroud, it causes me to question his ability to not only select qualified, morally acceptable officers but to question his concern for public safety. And again, this is not "heard it thru the grapevine" information. It is public record that anyone can request. Instead of trying to start rumors with hearsay in an attempt to plant a seed about Johnson working for Griffith, why don't you provide a source that can be checked. I know the facts I stated can be verified by a simple request of information. I wanted to find out more about the new city Chief that is now hopping on the wagon to be the big County Sheriff so soon after becoming a Chief in DeFuniak. The plot sort of thickened after I found over half of his office was ex deputies with questionable ethics. Check it out for yourself and see if you agree. There is no doubt that I will be voting for Griffith regardless of what party I am registered to and from the folks I have spoken with, there are alot of republicans that will be voting democrat for Sheriff.

:rotfl:Well said at least someone has been taken notes. Maybe it will open the eyes to others.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Late to reading this thread, but lately, I began noticing Danny Griffith for Sheriff signs (big signs) popping up in many places where only one campaign sign (Ralph Johnson for Sheriff) existed, prior.

crystalclear

Beach Comber
Sep 24, 2008
Well said and also

And he plans on bringing most of those with him. :yikes: