• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

crystalclear

Beach Comber
Sep 24, 2008
And the point being?

Late to reading this thread, but lately, I began noticing Danny Griffith for Sheriff signs (big signs) popping up in many places where only one campaign sign (Ralph Johnson for Sheriff) existed, prior.

I am sure that goes the other way to. You just have not noticed or choose not to.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I am sure that goes the other way to. You just have not noticed or choose not to.
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I simply pointed out a recent observation that I made, without the influence of this thread. I have recently began noticing Danny Griffith signs on private property where Ralph Johnson signs were once posted, and there were no other campaign signs on those properties at the time. It doesn't make it an endorsement by Johnson. I have no clue about your statement of it "working the other way."

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Thats because Danny chooses to obey the law

And place the signs on private property rather then the right of way option.
Just an observation

sweetgal

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Defuniak Springs Florida
And he plans on bringing most of those with him. :yikes:

Really, did you hear this from a family member? Did he tell you this himself ? Weren't you the one on a previous quote stating in the defense of Danny that we shouldn't go on rumors alone. How do YOU know who Mike will bring if he is elected Sheriff? You stated you based your voting decision on lack of Dannys supporters bashing, and now here you are doing so yourself.

Funny how you dont want anyone on here to believe that Ralph is backing Danny, yet you want EVERYONE to believe that Mike is bringing people from the PD who some on here are calling bad people, which I doubt that they are. Dont throw stones honey if you live in a glass house. :shock:

sweetgal

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Defuniak Springs Florida
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I simply pointed out a recent observation that I made, without the influence of this thread. I have recently began noticing Danny Griffith signs on private property where Ralph Johnson signs were once posted, and there were no other campaign signs on those properties at the time. It doesn't make it an endorsement by Johnson. I have no clue about your statement of it "working the other way."

I think what they are trying to say is that other person running in the race, cooper etc.. supporters now have Griffith signs as well. I too have noticed that Ralphs signs have been replaced. While alot of people dont see the connection, I do. They want to deny it, so people wont think that we could possibly be stuck with another 4 years of a possible connection to Ralph. I personally would avoid that man like the black plague if I was Danny... :yikes:

Lawdawg

Beach Comber
Apr 25, 2008
Sweetgal -

I asked this before, but you never answered.........What exactly is "the connection" - according to your post, it is simply based on some ex-Ralph supporters now supporting Danny Griffith? Ralph is no longer in the race - they have no other choice but Danny or Mike. I'm sure Mike has some ex-Ralph supporters as well since he is the Republican candidate. So based on your reasoning, Mike has connections to Ralph as well? Just because Ralph's supporters are throwing their support elsewhere doesn't mean the remaining candidates have "ties" or "connections" to Ralph.

Lawdawg

Beach Comber
Apr 25, 2008
Really, did you hear this from a family member? Did he tell you this himself ? Weren't you the one on a previous quote stating in the defense of Danny that we shouldn't go on rumors alone. How do YOU know who Mike will bring if he is elected Sheriff? You stated you based your voting decision on lack of Dannys supporters bashing, and now here you are doing so yourself.

Funny how you dont want anyone on here to believe that Ralph is backing Danny, yet you want EVERYONE to believe that Mike is bringing people from the PD who some on here are calling bad people, which I doubt that they are. Dont throw stones honey if you live in a glass house. :shock:

She never said it was "official". :funn:

DemoLady

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
www.waltondemocrats.org
Danny is a man of quiet strength

And place the signs on private property rather then the right of way option.

I didn't know Danny Griffin at all until he started running as a Democrat a few months ago. Through the past few months, I've come to see a man who keeps his own counsel, is not swayed by others (including his wife, his daughters, well-meaning political advisors), and has quietly been campaigning one on one with many people across the county. (I urged him to get out there and swing with the best of them.) It's not his style.

I understand that Johnson and perhaps another Republican or two have endorsed him. But, from what I've heard and seen, I would be shocked if that would make much difference to him. He loves law enforcement and has a respect for the law that comes from 30 years experience in that field -- not only on the road as a highway patrolman but as instructor to others entering the field.

He sets his own priorities -- almost missing an important "political meeting," when his grandmother, who was having a good day among many bad ones, wanted to have her "hair done." He seems to have earned enormous respect from people who have known him for years, and he believes that respect can translate into trust from the public -- trust that the sheriff's department will protect all the people -- efficiently and fairly.

He walks the walk -- not being willing to campaign one minute before his leave of absence was official from the highway patrol. I'll be very disappointed if the old boy network and cronism would play any part in his department -- if he is elected.