• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Good luck, but I would be quite surprised if someone was willing to rent you their pool for less than what you would pay for a rental w/ a pool.

You would still have to check in & out, have liability issues, would prevent someone else from renting it, and incur cleaning costs.

My suggestion would be to try it sans pool, and eat at the Loveshack frequently (they have a pool diners can use in the evenings).

Otherwise, how good are the kids who refuse to go in the ocean at jumping a fence and talking their way out of trouble? ;-)

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
A blow up pool would be great if my one son wasn't 18 and 6'4" :blink:

I admit it. IT'S ME THAT WANTS A POOL!!! IT'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang:

Every year in the past we've had one, and I spent more time at the pool on a really cool floatie with a drink holder, than on the beach. This year we spent a LOT less on accomodations than in those years to make the trip affordable. So I should just shut my pie hole already about the pool. It's not going to happen.:sosad:

We only go out two nights for dinner, and those nights are spoken for, so no Loveshack. We're going to Disney for a week after Grayton, so I'll get some pool time in then.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Every year in the past we've had one, and I spent more time at the pool on a really cool floatie with a drink holder, than on the beach. This year we spent a LOT less on accomodations than in those years to make the trip affordable. So I should just shut my pie hole already about the pool. It's not going to happen.:sosad:

We only go out two nights for dinner, and those nights are spoken for, so no Loveshack. We're going to Disney for a week after Grayton, so I'll get some pool time in then.

Yes. As I say to my kids...get over yourself. :wave: Grayton is such a fabulous location, if you don't enjoy yourself, you need professional help!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

:rotfl:wail hail! why didn't you say so? you know, I started to recommend Disney but looks like you've got it covered.

I gotta admit, august is my least favorite month on the beach. but if you go, just plan to take a dip in the gulf often. put your chair directly in the surf. or in the lake (which may be a tad warmish)..

enjoy your vacay!

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Attention Scooterbug!

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
:rotfl:wail hail! why didn't you say so? you know, I started to recommend Disney but looks like you've got it covered.

I gotta admit, august is my least favorite month on the beach. but if you go, just plan to take a dip in the gulf often. put your chair directly in the surf. or in the lake (which may be a tad warmish)..

enjoy your vacay!
I didn't say so because in another post I wrote to be happy wherever, when the plans go bad, have fun, blah, blah, blah -- and seriously, I meant it and try to live that way every day -- BUT meanwhile the real me is on another thread practically selling my dog for a pool to swim in.

Hey, why is August your least favorite time?