• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'll take a Target, especially if it offers something I need as opposed to the new Walmart/super Tom Thumb which is a complete waste of space. Nothing there - I've given it a shot twice. It is strictly for tourists.

No kidding- I gave up on the SoWal Walmart and just have Bdarg pick up the stuff we get there on his way home from work at the Niceville location. Went in with a list, came out with not even half the list purchased. I swear Tom Thumb has more of the stuff we use - we call the SoWal store the "silly little Walmart."

I will say the same thing I said about the South Walton Walmart- we have a Target in PCB and Destin- do we really need another? It takes 20 minutes to drive to Pier Park- that is not convenient enough?

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
No kidding- I gave up on the SoWal Walmart and just have Bdarg pick up the stuff we get there on his way home from work at the Niceville location. Went in with a list, came out with not even half the list purchased. I swear Tom Thumb has more of the stuff we use - we call the SoWal store the "silly little Walmart."

I will say the same thing I said about the South Walton Walmart- we have a Target in PCB and Destin- do we really need another? It takes 20 minutes to drive to Pier Park- that is not convenient enough?

Agree!

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach

My girls call it smallmart. :lol:

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
I've been to the South Walton Wal-Mart 3 times. I hope to never go again because I detest banner planes and yesterday they were flying a banner plane on the beach. Also about a month ago i wanted to buy a smaller tent for the Farmer's market so I could put it on my bike. I called to see if they sold canopy tents
(I'd already been to the store and realized they are not a full service Wal-Mart and didn't want to waste my time going) After being on hold for 5 minutes a guy tells me they don't sell them. They transfered me to Electronics and my feeling is this guy didn't want to bother looking. So about a week later I go to Wal-Mart with my husband who is looking for something that he could have gotten at Radio Shack if they were still in South Walton, but of course they didn't have whatever he was looking for. Had to verify that they didn't sell tents and low and behold they sell 2 kinds. I had already got what I needed online.

The employees at Publix or For the Health of it will go out of there way to find stuff for you. IF I call For the Health of it and they don't have something I'm looking for they always offer to special order it and I have it within the week.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
Went once to tiny tourist w mart, won't make that mistake again. Tourists,believe me, you can get anything they have in whatever South Walton area you are staying . What a waste of land.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
The answer that I got from the county planning department last week was that they had not received an application for a Target store.

Thanks for the update m/book.
Keep us informed if you hear anything.

WoolyFSU

Beach Comber
Dec 1, 2009
Old Grove
Target has pizza just like Tom thumb does. I like pizza

Last edited: