• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

HaleysComet

Beach Crab
Jun 21, 2006
Saint Louis
Hello, Long time lurker first time poster. I was in Grayton last week 7/23-7/30 with family and we had three cars broken into one night. They got away with sunglasses, 60gb video ipod, and car dvd player. The sheriff said that this is happening more and more. So be careful. Lock your car doors and keep an eye out. When you are on vacation in such a wonderful place you still need to keep your guard up. Other than this, we had a great time in Grayton for the second year now and the 20th in Sowal area. Sowal is a very special place with great people can not wait to come back.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That bites! :sosad: Just curious to know some details that may help prevent theft of my crap. Where was your car? Was it locked? Were your toys in plain view?

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
That's really too bad.

I keep my car doors locked even in my own driveway - - during the DAY! You just never know when some a_ _ hole will try to steal something!

HaleysComet

Beach Crab
Jun 21, 2006
Saint Louis
We were in the Sunset II, think cars were locked, one pair of sunglasses in view, ipod was hidden between seats. Dvd player was hooked up to the headrest in car. We did not have the outside lights on.:bang: that might have help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Our renters had their cars broken into in early July - That's west end of 30-A in Sea Dunes, Dune Allen area. They hit between midnight and 4:00 am.
:sosad:

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
An expensive bike with an attached baby carriage was stolen from the house across the street from ours in Old Seagrove. This happened during the day in early July.

Friends of ours were staying in our house at the time. Their young daughter was able to give the police a description of the thief.:clap_1: They caught the guy!:lolabove: He said that he thought the bike was a Seaside rental and he was going to wash it and return it to Seaside (after hiding it in the bushes).:rotfl:

Biff

Beach Fanatic
:rotfl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rotfl:

Sandcastle said:
An expensive bike with an attached baby carriage was stolen from the house across the street from ours in Old Seagrove. This happened during the day in early July.

Friends of ours were staying in our house at the time. Their young daughter was able to give the police a description of the thief.:clap_1: They caught the guy!:lolabove: He said that he thought the bike was a Seaside rental and he was going to wash it and return it to Seaside (after hiding it in the bushes).:rotfl:

waterbaby

Beach Comber
Jul 7, 2006
We were also in Grayton for a few weeks in June, early July-and heard from several folks about coolers being stolen from front porches and garages-One person woke up after hearing voices and caught several thieves on the porch next door-

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
:eek: I really hate to hear this kind of news. Why does this kind of thing have to happen??

It really :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: pisses :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: me off....BIG TIME!!!! Just hope I don't ever catch someone stealing from me!!!!!

Just another reason to fondly remember the "good ole days"?!??

JENO

Beach Crab
Aug 3, 2006
WE HAD 3 KAYAKS WITH ALL THE GEAR STOLEN AT GRAYTON BEACH LAST SUMMER DURING A WEDDING CELEBRATION.