• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
What happens if Georgia wins the SEC championship game and the two teams in the SEC West that did not go to the championship game end up 1 & 2?

Georgia would have an automatic bid to a BCS game, and the other two teams would also have automatic bids. Only 2 teams from the SEC can go to BCS games.

Looks to me like Georgia would be left out despite winning the SEC.

Last edited by a moderator:

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
even if ga beats lsu and its not a blowout lsu still goes to championship

if lsu beats akansas they're going no matter what. even if lsu loses to arkansas and beats georgia i think they still go . if arkansas wins its a tough one. then alabama beat arkansas. arkansas beat lsu and lsu beat alabama. its a mess then

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Well for one, the SEC deserves credit for having the right tie-breaking procedures in place. If the Big 12 had the same rules, Texas would have played for the National Championship against Florida a couple of years ago instead of Oklahoma. The SEC way really does make more sense.

The SEC tie-breaker for a three way tie is the the head-to-head match up winner of the two higher ranked teams. That is opposed to how the Big 12 just does the highest ranked team when there is a three way tie.

So if Arkansas beats LSU, it will come down to whether LSU stays ahead of Alabama in the BCS ranking. If Arkansas and Alabama are 1 & 2, Alabama wins the tie-breaker. But if Arkansas and LSU are 1 & 2, LSU wins the tie-breaker.

I want so badly for Arkansas to beat LSU so that we get to live through this debate. It might be even better if Georgia ends up upsetting the SEC West winner and doesn't get to go to a BCS game despite winning the SEC.

bamabeachbum

Beach Fanatic
May 31, 2006
Decatur,Alabama
Well for one, the SEC deserves credit for having the right tie-breaking procedures in place. If the Big 12 had the same rules, Texas would have played for the National Championship against Florida a couple of years ago instead of Oklahoma. The SEC way really does make more sense.

The SEC tie-breaker for a three way tie is the the head-to-head match up winner of the two higher ranked teams. That is opposed to how the Big 12 just does the highest ranked team when there is a three way tie.

So if Arkansas beats LSU, it will come down to whether LSU stays ahead of Alabama in the BCS ranking. If Arkansas and Alabama are 1 & 2, Alabama wins the tie-breaker. But if Arkansas and LSU are 1 & 2, LSU wins the tie-breaker.

I want so badly for Arkansas to beat LSU so that we get to live through this debate. It might be even better if Georgia ends up upsetting the SEC West winner and doesn't get to go to a BCS game despite winning the SEC.

If LSU beats Arkie,and Alabama beats Auburn. They will both go to the BCS game, even if UGA beats LSU. Then you would have UGA in the Sugar, Alabama vs LSU in the BCS championship game.

Maybe this will finally get us in a playoff. I would like an eight team play off.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
If LSU beats Arkie,and Alabama beats Auburn. They will both go to the BCS game, even if UGA beats LSU. Then you would have UGA in the Sugar, Alabama vs LSU in the BCS championship game.

Maybe this will finally get us in a playoff. I would like an eight team play off.

After further reading I see that Georgia would be a third team in the BCS for the SEC. I didn't know this was possible. http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/33564/bcs-should-make-exception-for-sec