Thoughts and Prayers for IBD and family

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Kurt Lischka, Dec 22, 2006.

1. steele mama

steele mama Beach Fanatic

My sister wrote me this morning that she used to work with Roxanne and Deborah at Southern Title and Escrow. She is very sad along with all who knew them.

2. Mango

Mango SoWal Insider

I will be thinking of you tonight. :wub:

3. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    GTTBD and I along with, the Mer's, Jdarg, Rapunzel, and Beachmom, went to the celebration of IBD's lovely Sister and her wonderful Mom this evening. It was so good to see IBD and give her a hug. What a strong lady. She's awesome.:wub: I cannot begin to imagine how tough this is for her entire family.

The service was wonderful. It truely, conveyed the joy this family shared, and the everlasting bond that will always survive.

4. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

sorry we missed you gttbm and all. yes, the celebration of life service for Wanda and Deborah was really an inspiration - with slide show and photos of a beautiful family enjoying life to its fullest! and we enjoyed being in the presence of our IBD once again... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  5. CastlesOfSand

CastlesOfSand Beach Fanatic

IBD I am deeply saddened by your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Love and peace be with you. I just want to give you a hug. :wub:

6. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

IBD, I just went back a re-read this whole thread. Your strength amazes me, even in words. I have been worried about you and your family, but I don't think I need to worry. I can tell that you are a strong, amazing woman. I only wish I could strive to be like you in a time like this. You are an inspiration to all of us. You have shown us, that cannot be there with you, that life does go on. My heart is with you as you prepare for your goodbye's. :wub:

7. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

I am just now reading this. I want to send you and your family good thoughts, prayers and hugs. What a wonderful SoWal family you are surrounded by! :wub:

8. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

Hey everyone,

I have not been on the board in days. Wow, how tiring this all is. I have had loads of family around (they are all gone know) and now it is down to the business part of all of this. :shock: All I can say is that each and everyone of you should take the time and money to have a detailed will and make sure you have plenty of life insurance. It sure makes things easier.

I am sorry I missed the people I missed on New Years Eve, my brother in law wanted everyone at his house for the new year. We had as good of a time that we could and drank wayyyyyyyy too much champagne!:clap_1:

Thanks to all of you who sent flowers, cards, goodies, and other items.;-) It was all very appreciated....

I love you guys!!!!

9. DD

DD SoWal Expert

:wub: :wub: :wub:

10. iwishiwasthere

iwishiwasthere Beach Fanatic

Still thinking of you....Glad to see you posting again.

11. InletBchDweller

Thanks....:blush:

12. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

Dearest IBD...

You are amazing. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...dealing with the "business" part of losing loved ones is a really tough time. :sosad:

13. Cheering472

Cheering472 SoWal Insider

Oh goodness. Words can't express my sympathy for your loss. I can only begin to imagine your pain and sorrow. God is with you IBD along with our thoughts and prayers. Please come here often and let everyone know how your family is. God bless sweet girl.

14. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

Oh my gosh I just read this for the first time......IBD I am so sorry that your family had to go through such a horrible loss. Please except my heartfelt condolences , I am sending prayers, peace and love your way.

15. SoWalSally

SoWalSally Beach Fanatic

Walton mourns losses in business community
    By Deborah Wheeler

Tuesday morning, as Harry Millsaps and other Realtors sat around a table sipping their morning coffee, the talk was somber.
    As members of the Emerald Coast Association of Realtors, the group was discussing what they could do for two of their own who died suddenly and tragically three days before Christmas in a plane crash.
    Millsaps knew both Deborah Irby and Roxanne Costello, who were on the plane that went down in a remote area of Washington County on Dec. 22. The women were established Realtors and brokers who owned their own firms in South Walton. Also on the plane were Deborah’s mother, Wanda Irby, Roxanne’s husband Barry DeLong, and pilot John Johnson of Fort Walton Beach. They were flying to the Bahamas for the holidays. All onboard the twin-engine Cessna were killed in the crash.
    Thunderstorms passed through Destin around the time of the scheduled 8:30 a.m. take off from Destin Airport.
    Tyndall’s Public Information Office confirms they were in contact with the plane shortly before its disappearance from their radar and advised Bay County Sheriff’s Office of the occurrence.
    People in the crash area said the area was experiencing heavy rains and thunderstorms at the time.
    The wreckage was found near Highway 77, just north of the Bay County Line.
    Johnson reportedly was an experienced pilot and FAA-accredited flight examiner.
    Costello owned and operated Seashore Properties of the Emerald Coast, located in Grayton Beach. In the area for approximately six years, she was named Business Woman of the Year for 2003 and 2004.
    Pam Holloway had been a neighbor of the DeLongs for the past three years and had known them for six years.
    “They were one of the first couples we got to know when we started coming here,” said Holloway. “They were wonderful people. Barry grew vegetables in his back yard and he gave the kids popsicles. Roxanne was a wonderful, spiritual person. She made you feel good just being around her. She always had a happy glow and a way about her that was uplifting. We’re all very sad for the loss of our dear friends. We loved them.”
    Neighbors of the DeLongs gathered at Santa Rosa Beach Club Wednesday afternoon to share memories of their neighbors.
    Irby owned and operated Irby Realty Group in Santa Rosa Beach. Her sister, Rebecca Grice, said Deborah was flying to the Bahamas to meet her husband of 18 months, Harry Ivy. They had built a home there and were looking forward to spending their first Christmas in it together.
    “I have a quadruple loss,” said Grice. “Deborah and Roxanne were very close. After Deborah and Harry married in the Bahamas, Roxanne and Barry went with them on their Mediterranean honeymoon cruise. On the cruise, Roxanne and Barry were married. The couples did a lot together.

16. Franny

Franny Beach Fanatic

Love you sooo much!:wub:

17. Gypsea

Gypsea Beach Fanatic

IBD ~ I am so sorry to read of your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am thankful that you are surrounded by such great friends.

18. katie blue

katie blue kt loo

Hi Rebecca-
    I was so shocked to visit the site and see this post. Sending you warm hugs and my sincerest condolences. I had a nice phone chat with your mom Wanda a few months back, and she was such a lovely woman. Stay strong and know that they stay with us always. See you around sometime soon I hope...Kate

19. mleigh

mleigh Beach Lover

Primarily in Taylorsville Lake, KY...part time pan
    I am in deep shock still, this evening, after visiting the Seashore Property office today to see Roxanne. I had spoken to her just before she left the week of the accident to confirm our getting together this week to stop in to see her as we discussed on the phone. My prayers and thoughts are with you all! My sincere sympathy and condolences. IBD family as well.

*Some People come into our Lives and quickly go, but some leave footprints in our hearts and we will never be the same again.

20. InletBchDweller

I just wanted to say that I love all you guys.:wub: :wub: :wub:

TOmmorow will be a month and I am not wanting to sleep.....I have saved and have just read all the pm's that people sent me. Wonderful people like you, friends and strangers, just dont know how much you have touched me and my family.
    One thing my sister would aways tease me about was SoWal. She thought I was wasting time when I could be working. I am sure she is looking down and is seeing that yall are all wonderful human beings and that she was wrong..;-)

Thanks again.........:wub: