• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Your insight is a possible nightmare... Although very possible, think of what that will do to the Rebublican Party here. Further, the Demo Candidate is just a carbon copy of Johnson, 20 or 30 years in the FHP with no proven leadership ability... We need a LEADER, be it a Mike Adkinson or a Tom Cooper (my opinion the only two leaders in the mix). Save us all.

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach
My Vote's Going To Count!!!!

:clap:I understand 100% of what Sweetgal and others like her are saying on here. I'm going to make my vote count and back one of the front runners, Mike Adkinson. The last two sheriff elections I voted for two other candidates other than Johnson and my vote was just wasted :bang:because he slipped right back into office because the votes were diluted with so many canidates running. Not this election....I believe Mike has the election revenue and the law enforcement management skills to put Walton County Sheriff's Office on the map in NW Florida. We have alot of experienced dedicated officers who are employed at WCSO and need an awsome leader right now. Good luck to all canidates and may God Bless You All!!!:wave:

:clap:I understand 100% of what Sweetgal and others like her are saying on here. I'm going to make my vote count and back one of the front runners, Mike Adkinson. The last two sheriff elections I voted for two other candidates other than Johnson and my vote was just wasted :bang:because he slipped right back into office because the votes were diluted with so many canidates running. Not this election....I believe Mike has the election revenue and the law enforcement management skills to put Walton County Sheriff's Office on the map in NW Florida. We have alot of experienced dedicated officers who are employed at WCSO and need an awsome leader right now. Good luck to all canidates and may God Bless You All!!!:wave:

What does "election revenue" have to do with either being a good sheriff or putting the office "on the map?" :dunno: If that is your criteria for voting, I assume you are an Obama fan as well? :yikes:
Also, unless the election is decided by one vote, I don't see how your voting decision will keep Johnson from "slipping back" into office.:bang:
Perhaps you would share with us whom you cast your ballot for last time?;-)

So many questions, so little time.:rotfl:

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, we do need a leader for the Walton County Sheriff’s Office. We need Rick Brown. He has excellent law enforcement management skills. Rick’s ability to lead and to manage people has been shown in the fact that many of the officers who worked for him at FWB PD have made it clear that they support him and would come to work for him if he asked them to.

I have spoken with several FWB PD officers who worked for Rick. Every single one of them supports him 100%. These are street cops, investigators, and high ranking administrators.
These men and women spoke of his leadership, his approachability and his thorough knowledge of law enforcement. They knew they could depend on him and trust in him as their supervisor. He has a dedication to law enforcement and to the men and women in law enforcement that has rarely been equaled.
I also have spoken to people who have had to call Walton County Sheriff’s Office for help and Rick Brown was the deputy they spoke to. These people were impressed with his knowledge, his ability and his sincere dedication to helping them.

I have also spoken with several Okaloosa County Deputies and personnel and they all believe that Rick Brown is extremely capable of improving Walton County Sheriff’s Office.
Rick will not stay hidden in his office, his history shows he gets his office work completed and can be out with his deputies and/or the public when he is needed. He is a true people person; my vote is for him. I suggest that you also contact Rick, listen to him, and he will listen to you. That is what I did.

Last edited:
Yes, we do need a leader for the Walton County Sheriff?s Office. We need Rick Brown. He has excellent law enforcement management skills. Rick?s ability to lead and to manage people has been shown in the fact that many of the officers who worked for him at FWB PD have made it clear that they support him and would come to work for him if he asked them to.

I have spoken with several FWB PD officers who worked for Rick. Every single one of them supports him 100%. These are street cops, investigators, and high ranking administrators.
These men and women spoke of his leadership, his approachability and his thorough knowledge of law enforcement. They knew they could depend on him and trust in him as their supervisor. He has a dedication to law enforcement and to the men and women in law enforcement that has rarely been equaled.
I also have spoken to people who have had to call Walton County Sheriff?s Office for help and Rick Brown was the deputy they spoke to. These people were impressed with his knowledge, his ability and his sincere dedication to helping them.

I have also spoken with several Okaloosa County Deputies and personnel and they all believe that Rick Brown is extremely capable of improving Walton County Sheriff?s Office.
Rick will not stay hidden in his office, his history shows he gets his office work completed and can be out with his deputies and/or the public when he is needed. He is a true people person; my vote is for him. I suggest that you also contact Rick, listen to him, and he will listen to you. That is what I did.

I agree that Mr. Brown seems to be a good officer and is spoken highly of by those he has worked with in the past. My question for him would be what experience he has in MANAGING a large organization such as the Sheriff's Office.While no one in the race can truly say they have been in a command position in a large agency, what distinguishes Mr. Brown from the others enough for a voter to trust him over the others,some of whom have managed small organizations ( DFSPD and SanDestin Security come to mind.)

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach

Idlewind...how can Sandestin security come in mind with you? It has nothing to do with law enforcement work. When was the last time a security guard investigated a murder, they are totally two different types of management agencies. There are law enforcement officers....and then there are "wanna be officers" such as security guards. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down security guards one bit, besides I have an uncle who was a security guard for several years, but all of them want to be cops one point or another.
As for the person who commented that i was an Obama fan? Please, I'm Pro McCain all the way!!!!

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach
Yahoodie.....

I understand you have spoken to several FWBPD officers and Okaloosa Deputies and they all support Rick Brown, That's fine...and Rick Brown is a good officer and awsome person who any officer would want beside him when **it hits the fan. But it doesn't matter what all these officers say beause how many of them live in Walton County and can even vote for Rick. The way I look at it these days, is that we have so many damn officers living outside Walton County now that they can't even vote in the county they work for!:clap:

Idlewind...how can Sandestin security come in mind with you? It has nothing to do with law enforcement work. When was the last time a security guard investigated a murder, they are totally two different types of management agencies. There are law enforcement officers....and then there are "wanna be officers" such as security guards. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down security guards one bit, besides I have an uncle who was a security guard for several years, but all of them want to be cops one point or another.
As for the person who commented that i was an Obama fan? Please, I'm Pro McCain all the way!!!!

My friend, at its core, the sheriff's office and a security agency are the same, they are tasked with protecting property and serving the citizens. The vast majority of the work is preventing theft and keeping the citizenry in line. How many murders do you think there are in Walton County per year? The best I can detirmine, we have had years where we had ZERO murders.:clap:
Our decision in this election is to find the person who can lead people, manage budgets and set the priorities for the agency. Neccessarily being a great investigator or deputy might not qualify. :yikes: After all, my friend Larry Gilbert was a very successful sheriff in Okaloosa County for many years and his background was banking, not law enforcement.:clap:

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
My friend, at its core, the sheriff's office and a security agency are the same, they are tasked with protecting property and serving the citizens. The vast majority of the work is preventing theft and keeping the citizenry in line. How many murders do you think there are in Walton County per year? The best I can detirmine, we have had years where we had ZERO murders.:clap:
Our decision in this election is to find the person who can lead people, manage budgets and set the priorities for the agency. Neccessarily being a great investigator or deputy might not qualify. :yikes: After all, my friend Larry Gilbert was a very successful sheriff in Okaloosa County for many years and his background was banking, not law enforcement.:clap:

You are right on point with this. We need a proven leader. Just because someone has Years and Years of experience on the street does NOT qualify them for the job. Management and professional experience is a must. I see only two candidates that fit this description.

You are right on point with this. We need a proven leader. Just because someone has Years and Years of experience on the street does NOT qualify them for the job. Management and professional experience is a must. I see only two candidates that fit this description.

I think there could be three, Mr. Cornman has impressed me as somone who could be a leader as well. :clap: Too many people seem to be making a rush to judgement in this election. :dunno: I really have firmly made my mind up on only two races at this point, Mr. Davis for School Board and Mr. Jones for Commissioner 3. These are good public servants who truthfully have no serious opposition. :clap: In every other race I am still undecided and looking for more information. It goes without saying that the current Sheriff does not figure in my plans.:funn: