• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jen

Beach Fanatic
Mar 22, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach FL
Tourist Development Tax collection showed a 3.07% decrease in South Walton for May 2022 compared with the previous year. Total collections for May 2022 were $6,028,822.95.

The Tourist Development Tax, or bed tax, is a five percent tax collected on hotels, condos, and other short-term rentals south of Choctawhatchee Bay. It is the best way to gauge visitation and demand trends in South Walton. The revenue supports tourism marketing and beach operations efforts, including cleaning and maintaining beaches, lifeguards, destination improvements, and preservation initiatives.

Tourist Development Tax collection on short-term rental accommodations north of the Choctawhatchee Bay totaled $23,772.45 for May 2022. May's collections represent a 26.91% decrease compared with the previous year.

The Tourist Development Tax, or bed tax, is a two percent tax collected on hotels, condos, and other short-term rentals north of the Choctawhatchee Bay. It is the best way to gauge visitation and demand trends.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
A drop is noteworthy news, especially with the pace they've been building new rentals.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
A drop is noteworthy news, especially with the pace they've been building new rentals.

Not really, one has to simply look at the circumstances. May is normally a slow month, however last year was nuts because so much was still closed and people were finally redeeming the previous summers cancelations. June will be a record breaker.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Matt J, I’ll bet you a Josh McLeanburger June is down this year versus last. Felt like it to me.
Heard that from rental companies. Last summer was nearly full all summer. An unusual summer with people mad to get outdoors and not wanting to get on airplanes.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Matt J, I’ll bet you a Josh McLeanburger June is down this year versus last. Felt like it to me.
Tourist Development Tax collection showed a 16.58% increase in South Walton for June 2022 compared with the previous year. Total collections for June 2022 were $11,270,295.19.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Tourist Development Tax collection showed a 16.58% increase in South Walton for June 2022 compared with the previous year. Total collections for June 2022 were $11,270,295.19.
Since I made this bold bet I learned how much it now costs to rent a house for a week here. We are the ‘must go to’ destination for Texans and southerners with money but no passport.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Since I made this bold bet I learned how much it now costs to rent a house for a week here. We are the ‘must go to’ destination for Texans and southerners with money but no passport.

It's all good, you have your progressions and I have mine. I'll pass on the spam and hair loaf, you've always been more than gracious having us to the annual crawfish oyster orgy.