traffic

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by pepper, Dec 10, 2007.

1. pepper

pepper Beach Comber

fortunately, i won't have to actually enter the 'resort', and don't plan to, ever.

2. pepper

pepper Beach Comber

i don't know what's more pathetic, the fact that i'm generally considered a pretty intelligent person but i'm not understanding the meaning behind your humor.........or the fact that your 'signature' might apply to this situation but i'm still not understanding the meaning behind your humor. the only thing i can figure is most of the rural panhandle Florida types typically get all domesticated and married a little earlier than the age of 30? no offense to anyone if that's not it.....:D

3. pepper

pepper Beach Comber

1) i don't own a motorcycle, nor have i ever, although i learned to ride them when i was young, and i happen to just like them.
    2) as a former school bus driver of 4 years and a professionally trained performance driver on 'closed circuit' race tracks, i'm certainly not one to endorse or encourage recklessness on public roads or endangering anyones safety, ever.

my question was oriented towards state law, for the most part. for example, in California, it is perfectly legal and acceptable for motorcycles to safely use the dotted line marker as their own lane between lanes of 4-wheeled traffic.

4. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

OMG!!!:yikes:I would panic if a motorcycle came between me and the car in the other lane, riding on the dotted line! I'm thinking road pizza.....

BTW- the references to armpit hair on a thread about traffic is perfectly normal here. Multitasking.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  5. seaside2

seaside2 Beach Fanatic

If memory seves me right, they calll it "white lining", I suppose because they go so fast, the dotted white lines eperating lanes bercopmes a blur. When lil seaside lived out there and I saw this for the first time, I mearly lost it. Sacred the poop out of me!! She explained it to me and warned me to always be on the lookout for these maniacs. You spend so much time looking in the rearview mirrors that you can hardly watch the traffic ahead of you (Which is either dead stopped or going 85 mph). Those people are crazy!!!:yikes:

6. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

It wasn't a commentary on you or your marital status, but the local dating pool. Unmarried, not on drugs, employed and with teeth is rarer than I'd like.

7. canoehead

canoehead Beach Comber

OK I'm not sure why I feel the need to comment on this, but the question of perspiring more with/without shaving - I find that not shaving means that anti perspirant doesn't stick as well, so it sure feels like I'm perspiring more!

8. elgordoboy

elgordoboy Beach Fanatic

A/s/l? :D I'm steady on 2 of the 4..and sometimes have 3 out of the four working at the same time. I can maintain all 4 for whole days at a time!!

9. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

What does A/s/l mean? :dunno:

Thanks for proving my point on the criteria. :roll:

10. elgordoboy

elgordoboy Beach Fanatic

Something I used to see in my early days of gaming. A/S/L? Age/sex/location. Online gaming that was often the first thing out of someone's "mouth". It was used rather obnoxiously then.

11. Hollibird

Hollibird Beach Lover

Pepper. in season will start about march through september. There are a lot of people here for spring break, and then it gets busier from there. Tommy's Bank is bank of America in downtown Destin. It literally took me 2 hours to drive to the bank and back which was about 17 miles away. I am not sure about traffic going east. I wish you would bring Kertie with you!