• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

AlwaysBeachin'

Beach Comber
Mar 14, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Someone has dumped an old refrigerator, stove, sofa and loveseat at the corner of E. Grove Ave. and Gardenia. Does the county provide trash pickup for these types of items? Contacted Waste Management and they will not do it and they did not know of any service that would. Anyone know who I can call to remove this?

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
AlwaysBeachin' said:
Someone has dumped an old refrigerator, stove, sofa and loveseat at the corner of E. Grove Ave. and Gardenia. Does the county provide trash pickup for these types of items? Contacted Waste Management and they will not do it and they did not know of any service that would. Anyone know who I can call to remove this?
What kind of shape is the sofa in? We are working to refurnish the house. :dunno:
Now, I am logging off and back to my New Year's resolution. Bye bye now.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
AlwaysBeachin' said:

There was some recent announcements about white goods (appliance) pick ups but I don't recall the specifics.

Here are some contacrs for you: http://www.sowal.com/links.html

John Johnson
Public Works Director
117 Montgomery Circle
DeFuniak Springs, FL. 32435
Phone: (850) 892-8108
email: johjohn@co.walton.fl.us

Ken Little, Citizen Services Director
College Avenue Governmental Complex
312 College Avenue, Unit B
DeFuniak Springs, FL. 32435
Phone: (850) 892-8530
email: litken@co.walton.fl.us

AlwaysBeachin'

Beach Comber
Mar 14, 2005
Seagrove Beach
The fridge and stove are rusted out, sofa and loveseat pretty bad shape but not sure of condition of frames.

Kurt, thanks for the contacts. We will follow up right away.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
AlwaysBeachin' said:
The fridge and stove are rusted out, sofa and loveseat pretty bad shape but not sure of condition of frames.

Kurt, thanks for the contacts. We will follow up right away.
You may also call the Goodwill store, Caring and Sharing, or Thrift Store of Grace to see if they will pick up.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
steele mama said:
What kind of shape is the sofa in? We are working to refurnish the house. :dunno:
Sorry, that was really a very dry joke. We are even a little more selective than picking it up on the side of the road. It has to be already at the GoodWill for us to take it.:D